More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

There's a lot of noise around him. Apparently his agent is in the country trying to push through a deal. My money's on him.

I think ideally they would go younger but there's not too many options at that position with a high output of goals/assists that aren't upwards of £40 million. And I think whoever we bring into the first team in that position will have a record of producing goals/assists.

image.thumb.png.d6a0c2ec717347b702e00d31f58b1a11.png

If we need goals from RW the stats suggest he isn't the guy. Six seasons at Porto and he hasn't scored more than three in a season.

Sarr would be my pick, assuming the £35m is roughly accurate. He suffers because he's a known quantity, not some shiny new thing from abroad with an impressive selection of YouTube highlights videos.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

These kind of signings are going under the radar because of the Botman stuff but it's just as good to see it. We may well be able to have a decent season at u23 level now.

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

If we need goals from RW the stats suggest he isn't the guy. Six seasons at Porto and he hasn't scored more than three in a season.

Sarr would be my pick, assuming the £35m is roughly accurate. He suffers because he's a known quantity, not some shiny new thing from abroad with an impressive selection of YouTube highlights videos.

Goal involvements are either goals or assists to goals. He had 15 of those last season. 17 in each of the two seasons prior. Yeah, he tends more towards creating, rather than scoring himself, but both are equally valuable in adding goals to the team.

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

These kind of signings are going under the radar because of the Botman stuff but it's just as good to see it. We may well be able to have a decent season at u23 level now.

Have we actually signed McArthur and Hackett now? I haven’t seen anything official about either one?  

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Have we actually signed McArthur and Hackett now? I haven’t seen anything official about either one?  

I'm assuming not as I've not seen anything either but both are being reported as "as good as done".

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Goal involvements are either goals or assists to goals. He had 15 of those last season. 17 in each of the two seasons prior. Yeah, he tends more towards creating, rather than scoring himself, but both are equally valuable in adding goals to the team.

Goals >>> assists

If you had two wingers, one had 12 goals & 3 assists, the other had 3 goals & 12 assists, which one is going to demand the big transfer fee?

8 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Goals >>> assists

If you had two wingers, one had 12 goals & 3 assists, the other had 3 goals & 12 assists, which one is going to demand the big transfer fee?

Going all the way back to the 18/19 season, Otavio has never had less than 15 goals and assists combined in a season. That is nuts. I'd be delighted with him.

Pray tell, who is the winger doing the same, but with double digit goals that we have been linked with?

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Going all the way back to the 18/19 season, Otavio has never had less than 15 goals and assists combined in a season. That is nuts. I'd be delighted with him.

Pray tell, who is the winger doing the same, but with double digit goals that we have been linked with?

I'd take Sarr (18 G&A, 50 games) or Harrison (25 G&A, 71 games) on the basis that they have both been productive in poor teams in the Premier League, rather than a top team in a (in my opinion) poorer league.

Nobody is looking at our forwards and thinking "We need more assists"

Also, I'm sure you didn't mean it but that last sentence makes you sound pretty condescending.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'd take Sarr (18 G&A, 50 games) or Harrison (25 G&A, 71 games) on the basis that they have both been productive in poor teams in the Premier League, rather than a top team in a (in my opinion) poorer league.

Nobody is looking at our forwards and thinking "We need more assists"

Also, I'm sure you didn't mean it but that last sentence makes you sound pretty condescending.

I only asked you who, because there's not many wingers scoring double figure goals like that. Why is that condescending?

Anyway, I actually like Sarr and Harrison too, so would have no issue with either whatsoever. Not sure I'd take them over Otavio looking at their overall career numbers, as his are outstanding.

The poorer league thing too, I mean I get it, but great players come out of these leagues all the time, and so that argument sometimes is a bit over stated. We've just seen Luis Diaz come from there and look great, and we're probably going to have similar from Nunez next season. Bruno Fernandes too previously etc etc.

Guest HTT II
36 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I only asked you who, because there's not many wingers scoring double figure goals like that. Why is that condescending?

Anyway, I actually like Sarr and Harrison too, so would have no issue with either whatsoever. Not sure I'd take them over Otavio looking at their overall career numbers, as his are outstanding.

The poorer league thing too, I mean I get it, but great players come out of these leagues all the time, and so that argument sometimes is a bit over stated. We've just seen Luis Diaz come from there and look great, and we're probably going to have similar from Nunez next season. Bruno Fernandes too previously etc etc.

Howay post a sexy YouTube reel having never heard of the player!

Guest HTT II
17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Cheers, he does look handy like and players from Portugal do tend to do well in the PL. He’d obviously be a big upgrade on Frazer, Murphy and Almiron. It’s a yes from me Clive, I’d prefer Sarr mind.

Edited by HTT II

36 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

So Edward claims you need to have two quality players in each position. Surely on that alone, we'll be signing a midfielder?

Not necessarily. He might just be explaining why we won't be reaching our goals yet.

3 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Probably a daft question but this isn't typical for us, is it? Going round clubs during the summer window scooping up loads of young talent? This Ashworth's craic?

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Probably a daft question but this isn't typical for us, is it? Going round clubs during the summer window scooping up loads of young talent? This Ashworth's craic?

Seems likely.

Based upon my understanding that we need players who've been at the club for 3 years before age 21, it would appear as though we're working on challenging Europe in 3-4 years. it's easy to say "Qualify for Europe as soon as possible" but we need to be ready for it, otherwise it might damage our progress in the league. 

Yeah we'll probably be able to buy our way out of any situation by then, but for now I'm being pragmatic.

4 minutes ago, duo said:

https://insidefutbol.com/2022/06/30/aston-villa-link-with-leeds-united-targeted-midfielder-played-down/565887/

Don't think the press know for sure who is in for him and so have been linking him to lots of clubs. Our link to him was from back in March, when we were apparently scouting him at lots of Porto games, and because we have prioritised that position and his release clause is in line with what we bid for Diaby, I'm thinking we might be going for him as an alternative option. We should find out soon though, as the clause expires on the 15th of July.

Guest dazzanufc1892

Dunno, we signed up a young lad called Ranger from Southampton once upon a time