More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, rgk_lfc said:

It is relatively common for European managers to spend a week or two at other clubs when they don't have a job. Just to learn new tactics, ideas on coaching, fitness, scouting players etc. I remember Poch stating he spent a week with Rafa at Inter or at Madrid. Looks like Klopp spent time at Porto or Benfica between Dortmund and Liverpool jobs. He always speaks highly about the footballing culture in Portugal. 

Rafa has been very open about the time he spent at Milan and Bayern. I think once he was fired from Inter, he spent a week at Arsenal. Which might explain the Hayden signing. Some of the more modern British progressive coaches seem to be following suit. 

Howe went to A.Madrid iirc

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Luque said:

Turning our noses up at Marco Fucking Asensio :lol:

Other fans are right, we are deluded.

Names don’t win games. Plus I doubt we are after him anyway. I wouldn’t be totally against it but I’m not gonna lie, I’m by no means convinced that he would be a success. Doesn’t matter how good you are if there’s no hunger and motivation. 

Edited by Ikon

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Luque said:

Turning our noses up at Marco Fucking Asensio :lol:

200 odd games for Real Madrid at 26. 1 in 3 in the league last year.

Other fans are right, we are deluded.

I’d take him, just not 100% sure that he’d fit into the team ethos and where we want to be in a year or two, and how we want to be playing. 

[emoji38] Its like a parody at times. He was literally pencilled in to sign for Liverpool. How fucking bad can he be?

On a serious note, he seems versatile which I'm sure is something that Howe wants. If he can play CAM in a 4231, as well as left of right wing, well that adds to his potential value to our squad.

Tbh I am suspicious of the top clubs getting rid of talented players in their prime years. Take Varane going to Man Utd, he can’t stay fit and when he has played he’s not been good enough. Madrid knew they were selling them a pup.

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

Would prefer a pacier option to Asensio. Think his game is more suited to Spain or Italy. 

A much more sensible comment as a challenge. To be honest I think he'd cope fine here. He is a very quick thinking player, and great with the ball at his feet.

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Wilock isn’t shit on the ball ffs. 

I really like Willock, if given the opportunities I think he’ll be a star this year under Eddie, you can see he was really starting to hit form again before his injury. 

Willock is a player who is mostly effective when a team is in transition. Otherwise I don’t think he offers too much. Not if we are looking to control games more. But that might come later. 

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Willock graduated from Arsenal's academy. I think he'd be able to pass the ball around if need be.

He is able to do it, he’s just not very good at it. Not awful I wouldn’t say. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Quick look on Twitter and their fans seem delighted at prospect of him leaving. 10 league goals last season. :lol:

BB3107AD-B0C5-41BD-908D-85DBB356BE6E.jpeg

I’ve said it for ages but Real Madrid fans are the absolute worst of the worst. Arrogant bastards to a man.

Willock seems to be missing most of a game, that is until he scores or assists like he did against Leicester and I end up scratching my head.

I like him, hes a decent player but in 12 months time if an Everton or Palace or whatever came in with a half decent bid, I'd be tempted to cash in. Still has 12 months to progress and prove there is more to his game.

Guest HTT II
27 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Willock graduated from Arsenal's academy. I think he'd be able to pass the ball around if need be.

There is a reason they were happy to sell him, let’s face it on the ball he’s nowhere near any level of real quality. As someone said he’s better in the transitional phase of play where the ball breaks, he latches onto it and runs with it or when he’s played through. And again, as someone has already mentioned, Hayden was at Arsenal’s academy and the ball was like a bomb at his feet at times… Willock for me is not a midfielder or even an ACM. He’s a wide forward on the right or off a main striker. I like him mind and think he can get goals in the right set up!

Edited by HTT II

26 minutes ago, STM said:

Willock seems to be missing most of a game, that is until he scores or assists like he did against Leicester and I end up scratching my head.

I like him, hes a decent player but in 12 months time if an Everton or Palace or whatever came in with a half decent bid, I'd be tempted to cash in. Still has 12 months to progress and prove there is more to his game.

He had only been on for about 20 minutes that game mind :lol: