More transfer rumours

midds

Almiron is actually decent, he transformed Rafa's workmanlike team in an instant to become a fast paced counter attacking team with flair. 

Some of his link up play with Bruno last season was very good too, they were on the same wavelength.

Think he is hugely underestimated here - he just hasn't found a position, unsurprising given Bruce. 

This season he could have a similar redemption arc to Joelinton, if given half a chance. 

23 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Almiron and Murphy are just pace and energy. Fraser's actually a half decent player. He seems genuinely two footed and can cover either wing too.

Assuming we end up bringing in a right sided winger/forward, Fraser is a fantastic bench option. He is actually even better on the left than he is the right. Tore Brentford apart in the away fixture last season. 

We’re not back channeling with Rafa.

As soon as Eddie Howe and his staff came in, and Dan Ashworth, the club have total faith in their setup and judgement.

Howe would rightly be pissed off if he found out the club were taking advice on his role from outside. He’s the manager now and the club have moved on completely from the past while they will obviously acknowledge the efforts of previous staff.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

As soon as Eddie Howe and his staff came in, and Dan Ashworth, the club have total faith in their setup and judgement.

Howe would rightly be pissed off if he found out the club were taking advice on his role from outside. He’s the manager now and the club have moved on completely from the past while they will obviously acknowledge the efforts of previous staff.

I think you have misheard what I was trying to say.

When a club scouts a player, its normal to do background checks by asking previous managers or team mates about the character of the player.

Like i say, they clearly did it with Digne, so why not Gordon. Its not going behind Eddie's back in any way.

17 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Almiron is actually decent, he transformed Rafa's workmanlike team in an instant to become a fast paced counter attacking team with flair. 

Some of his link up play with Bruno last season was very good too, they were on the same wavelength.

Think he is hugely underestimated here - he just hasn't found a position, unsurprising given Bruce. 

This season he could have a similar redemption arc to Joelinton, if given half a chance. 

He doesn’t score or create though 

probably the hardest working player in the U.K. / Mexico / Yugoslavia but so was my dad doon the pit 

Loves sprinting foward with the ball then doing a cryuff turn and passing it back to the place he started 

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Suspect Howe would pick up the phone and speak to anyone, he trusted the judgment of. Recall reading he had discussed NUFC with Keegan. Noted he also got cracking on  refurbishing the training ground as soon as possible. 

I think the Gordon story is not true myself. We'll be linked with all sorts now, giving the shitheads in the rags more bollocks to write about us, knowing they'll be even more clickbaity than usual as we have money.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I don't think it would necessarily be without Howe's consent, or involvement for that matter.

Based on press reports and direct quotes, we know 'someone' with a relationship with NUFC tipped us that Digne was a dick, and Rafa has spoken post-Everton departure about being proud of bringing Gordon along as a player.

Incidentally, instead of Digne we also ended up signing long term Rafa target Targett... So a not inconsiderable number of coincidences there.

27 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

If we could only splash the cash on one player, I'd prefer it to be Diaby (as long as Paqueta doesn't go anywhere else). Then Paqueta in January or next summer.

If Paqueta went somewhere else now it would be like your lass cheating on you.

17 hours ago, STM said:

My initial reaction to both links is interesting. I was far more excited by the idea of Gordon than CHO. Yet, I'm entirely aware that CHO is far more talented (skills wise) than Gordon.

I think I'm concerned that CHO would be an Atsu type signing, someone who comes in, contributes and shows flashes of what he's capable of but ultimately is too inconsistent to be a long term solution. Where as Gordon seems like someone who will be around for a long time, a Milner type if you will, a grafter, a team player, someone who will be a real asset to a squad.

To be honest, I'm not against either signing but CHO for 20m (just guessing) would be a better signing than Gordon for 35m. Right now we need quality in the final third and CHO would provide that. He seems pretty versatile too from what I've seen.

Initial reaction based on a different black winger coming from Chelsea - inconsistent winger trope. Gordon - hard working good English lad - maybe not so talented trope.

1 hour ago, kingxlnc said:

If he was decent there'd be clubs trying to buy him. As far as I know there's been very little interest, clubs will admire his pace and hard work, but one look at his stats and they'd probably start looking somewhere else.

I heard Man U are looking at Osimhen as a replacement for Ronaldo, so I think talk of him coming here is probably wildly optimistic.

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Almiron is bobbins man.

Harsh. Not his biggest fan, but there are far worse players in our squad. Him and Fraser are fine for backup and league cup games if we want to finish 8-12th. 

It’s funny how ASMs lack of form since Jan last season was put down to being paired with Wood but Miggy or Fraser don’t get the same treatment, not saying these players are of the same quality but Miggy defo has a lot to offer to this current squad especially as an impact sub.

Edited by Nine

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Nine said:

It’s funny how ASMs lack of form since Jan last season was put down to being paired with Wood but Miggy or Fraser don’t get the same treatment, not saying these players are of the same quality but Miggy defo had a lot to offer this current side especially as an impact sub.

He never makes any impact though as a sub.

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

He never makes any impact though as a sub.

He has the perfect attributes for an impact sub, form wasn’t great last season as we know but to write him off is silly.

Regarding Paqueta or any other quality midfielder that would literally improve us big time NOW.. I've seen it mentioned countless times that this position can be sorted out later, in january or next summer.

Why wait? There's plenty of time to get another player signed on top of a striker and RW. So why wait to improve us? Spend on quality now and we have one less position to spend on in january or

next summer or whenever, it wont make a difference when it comes to FFP in the long term. A very good "first" season of this era will help us in many ways. it could improve our final position in the table and our chances of sniffing around the europa spots. Also would show that this club is going places and a very good season can only improve our chances of getting a good sponsor deal.

Having said that, i know we can't strengthen every position and this area might not be a top priority, but there's no point in waiting, it can only help massively. On top of a backup striker and RW a very good CM of some sort can/will be very very important. I would even go as far as saying that it could make or break our season depending on injuries and so on. It's not as good as people think, our midfield that is. Feels like our good run has clouded peoples judgement. I think we will get a midfielder of some sort, it's vital i'd say.

Edited by Ikon

8 minutes ago, Flip said:

Harsh. Not his biggest fan, but there are far worse players in our squad. Him and Fraser are fine for backup and league cup games if we want to finish 8-12th. 

But if we know they’re essentially incapable of scoring or creating goals, in what sense are they actually ‘fine’?