More transfer rumours

midds

On 07/07/2022 at 10:23, Coffee_Johnny said:

Angelo Gabriel (could there be a better named future Angel of the North?) 
 “Interesting report from Globo that Steve Nickson travelled to Brazil to start negotiations for 17-year-old Santos striker Angelo. Fast, skillful Brazil under-17 striker tracked by Barca, Liverpool & Real Madrid. NUFC proposed €20m but rejected. Long-term target.”

EBF237CE-E1CA-45D3-9F7D-C533085F81F4.thumb.jpeg.37106029d0ff928d65b641b346130708.jpeg

Just read that this guy was 15 when he made his first team debut! We’ve had an initial offer of £17m ‘turned down flat by Santos’. 

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Was HBA not good enough for you?

Of course, but I want a Geordie of African heritage to be our Mane or HBA and I think we will in the coming years.

Just now, HTT II said:

Of course, but I want a Geordie of African heritage to be our Mane or HBA and I think we will in the coming years.

We're all of African heritage aren't we, if you go back far enough ?

7 hours ago, toontownman said:

Probably already posted but the wording was interesting. 

Amuses me that people now just think the word ‘project’ is about us :lol:

29 minutes ago, madras said:

We're all of African heritage aren't we, if you go back far enough ?

If we’re getting all evolutionary, then Africa is just a label some colonial made up, and the myriad of (blood soaked)similarly invented lines which criss cross that particular expanse of land. 🤔 shall we just talk about signing people? Or go broader? Truncally erect bipedal hominids?  Fast ones obvs 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

There’s a bit in that clip about Dog the Bounty Hunter, he’s on the Dennis Miller show.. gets me every single time. The man was a genius.

Salty language 

12 hours ago, Nobody said:

The "Black Power" was taking the piss out of someone who started a thread on here (or the old forum, if you will) with the thread title "we need black power", which was closed pretty much straight away. The thread starter might even have been banned, but don't quite remember. 

I remember there used to be a running joke about Katie Price and Kriss Akabusi which from what I recall was not in great taste. But that is going back a while and this place now doesn't really reflect that mentality at all these days.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

It'd be minging if he went to Arsenal, but I can't see it.

Well they do have a decent Brazilian contingent as well now, and they are in Europe. Also still a more highly regarded team than us at this point, so I could see the attraction if their interest is serious.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well they do have a decent Brazilian contingent as well now, and they are in Europe. Also still a more highly regarded team than us at this point, so I could see the attraction if their interest is serious.

They're absolutely stacked in the attacking midfield/wide forward areas now. You'd think they'll be focusing on defence and midfielders to play in the double pivot.

4 minutes ago, NWMag said:

I think if there was any chance of Paqueta going elsewhere, particularly a PL team, then we would come in for him. 

So if that's the case why don't they go in for him anyway? Shouldn't be the case that we are only prepared to buy if another team makes an offer.

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m not convinced we have a role in mind for Paqueta at all. 

Don’t think so, either. He feels like a player we bring in for our next iteration, where we need a squad big enough to compete for top 6-8 domestically and are regularly in Europe.

25 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't think we'll target him this window at least, but surely he'd play attacking midfield with Big Joe and Bruno would move to his more familiar role in front of the back four?

32 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Same. But maybe howe was just making do with what he had in central mid and want to go in a different direction. It's hard to think that due to the success he's had with it, but maybe there's a change in direction? 

Like Bonk said, does feel like we're a step away from it currently. Would be a shame he came in and disrupted a working mid and didn't come off for him. Could upset Bruno as well. 

43 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't think so either but if we aren't going to rely on goals from midfield we really need a quality rw that actually scores goals and another winger to contribute if we are going to climb up the league.

Just not got enough goals in the squad ATM 

14 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Same. But maybe howe was just making do with what he had in central mid and want to go in a different direction. It's hard to think that due to the success he's had with it, but maybe there's a change in direction? 

Like Bonk said, does feel like we're a step away from it currently. Would be a shame he came in and disrupted a working mid and didn't come off for him. Could upset Bruno as well. 

The midfield needs upgrading, but at present a right winger and some support for Wilson had to be the priority.