More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

8 goals in 3.5 years. Powder puff finisher.

Miguel Almiron is not a PL level winger/forward/attacking midfielder imo.

He's not good at anything attacking.

Agreed. 20m wasted. 

56 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Like everybody else in our attack [including Maxi] he suffered from the lack of any tactic, or training, that involved attacking. We saw how he linked up with Bruno towards the latter part of the season, and I think he'll thrive when called upon. Like I keep saying, he'll surprise a few next season.

If you Expect him to be good I think he might just surprise you.  I don’t rate him at all to be honest

We've seen he can finish, so the question is really why doesn't he do it more often? We've seen many a world class forward struggle to finish at times and the reason is often that they're simply not 100%, mentally. Sometimes it's that they're not getting enough opportunities.

Almiron has been unlucky that he never got the opportunities, which affected him mentally. 

Sure we can point to a number of missed opportunities over his time here but he's lucky if he got one chance per game.

50 minutes ago, TRon said:

Even if you disregard the goals, he doesn't even wing in any decent crosses. He produces no end product whatsoever. I don't care if he has been mis-managed, what that tells you is, he just can't produce quality when it's required.

Facts. No creativity, doesn't drive the team forward whilst carrying the ball, can't cross, shoot. He's not very good. He makes Moussa Sissoko look like Thierry Henry.

2 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

He was reportedly leaking stuff from the dressing room, obviously not sure how true that is but I remember seeing it reported last season 

@Froggy probably knows more on how legit the reports were

Not reportedly. 100% confirmed. 

Very happy he's gone now, and he was at us for over 20 years. Should tell you everything. 

He's shite as well like. 

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Get Gouiri and Paqueta and CHO on loan and we will have options up front. Would cost a coin or two but boy would it be good. 

Would be absolutely lush. 

First and now last time I'm using lush in a sentence. 

I know it’s a friendly but some of our players are nowhere near good enough for a side looking for Europe 

Murphy 

Dummett 

lascelles 

Fraser 

Willock looked average 

Wood

Bruno head and shoulders above the rest 

Botman looks like a tank 

We need to be bold in the transfer market, I'm not suggesting we bring in Isak, Diaby and Paqueta in one window but Paqueta, in particular, would be transformational. A bona fide marquee signing in my opinion.

The 'slow builders' in the fanbase have been worn down by the Ashley era. I was around in the 80s when things were really shite and then saw what could happen with the right people in the dugout, in the boardroom and on the pitch. This club is on the verge of really going places, a spark will set it off. We absolutely don't need a mid-table consolidation season, there's a soft underbelly to the PL which we tore through in the second half of last season. I believe we beat everyone from 9th down to 20th (apart from Watford who scored against us in the last minute).

Paqueta with a younger back up striker and a Sarr type signing would signal we mean business and would allow a challenge on the top 8 or even Europe.

Fraser's main attribute beyond his decent end product is the fact he runs himself into the ground like which isn't going to translate well to a friendly against a 3rd tier German side. Willock is 22 and has a lot of potential. Lascelles is fine for a 4th choice CB. Same can be said for Wood when he hopefully becomes 3rd choice.

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Fraser's main attribute beyond his decent end product is the fact he runs himself into the ground like which isn't going to translate well to a friendly against a 3rd tier German side. Willock is 22 and has a lot of potential. Lascelles is fine for a 4th choice CB. Same can be said for Wood when he hopefully becomes 3rd choice.

Wouldn’t say Fraser has decent end product tbh, certainly never showed it for us 

When he got going under Howe he scored 2 and assisted 2 in 5 games. Scored 7 and got 14 assists for Bournemouth in 18/19 (again under Howe). He's comfortable with both feet and quite clearly has a good cross on him like.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

When he got going under Howe he scored 2 and assisted 2 in 5 games. Scored 7 and got 14 assists for Bournmouth in 18/19 (again under Howe). He's comfortable with both feet and quite clearly has a good cross on him like.

He has too many injury issues to be regarded as a first teamer for me. He's out for months at a time, then it takes a few weeks to get up to speed again, he plays a handful of games, then he's injured again.

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Eh?! Did you miss his performances after Howe came in? Probably our best performing winger. 

Maybe I just have high standard from what I expect wingers to produce, certainly being our best winger isn’t exactly difficult either tbh

He had around 5 goal involvements last season for us, is that classed as impressive at this level ?

Edited by SUPERTOON

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

He has too many injury issues to be regarded as a first teamer for me. He's out for months at a time, then it takes a few weeks to get up to speed again, he plays a handful of games, then he's injured again.

Aye we're desperate for another winger. As a squad player though he's useful at worst, and potentially really really good.