More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not that I don't rate him, or that I think Leicester are trying to start a bidding war that's a head-scratcher for me, it's that I don't see where he fits in with our existing style of play as a 10 and that we're much more desperate for a RW and ST.

Does he not just come in as the third CM? He also scores goals so will shoulder the burden when Wilson inevitably gets injured, instead of a new/different striker. [/theory]

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

Would be a great signing. Have to wonder who is advising the club on valuations for players. £40m is very low for him. Wonder where Howe sees him fitting in 

Mike Cashley?😂

Guest HTT II

12 goals last season in an often poorly performing Leicester side, 35 appearances, 7 as sub. I’ve always liked him, I just feel he lacks real pace and needs runners around him which Leicester have. He’d be statement signing for sure though.

Guest HTT II

Also he’s a bit of a playmaker, he threads a great ball through central positions, ideal for Wilson or Willock for example. I’d be happy signing him, not signing a RW and using Willock as a wide right forward and then signing a decent back up to Wilson.

For all the talk on here about wanting a midfielder, it's interesting to see that the first big bid goes in for an upgrade on Willock, not an upgrade on Shelvey. With Longstaff improving and Anderson coming through, the idea may be to get some money back on Willock. Whatever it is, in Eddie we trust. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Does he not just come in as the third CM? He also scores goals so will shoulder the burden when Wilson inevitably gets injured, instead of a new/different striker. [/theory]

Potentially, but I don't think he's known as being much of a presser, maybe our resident Leicester fan can confirm.

It also answers the question of where Howe sees Bruno playing.

I'm up for anything Howe and Ashworth are going for, I just don't personally see the thinking behind this one at the moment.

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

For all the talk on here about wanting a midfielder, it's interesting to see that the first big bid goes in for an upgrade on Willock, not an upgrade on Shelvey. With Longstaff improving and Anderson coming through, the idea may be to get some money back on Willock. Whatever it is, in Eddie we trust. 

Bruno is the upgrade on Shelvey.

We still would absolutely need to find the cash for another forward player if we signed Maddison. Even acknowledging Miggy's form on the right, the potential to move Willock to the right maybe, the fact Maddison would offer goal threat himself - we would still be short in genuine forward options. A forward who can play all across the front 3 would be ideal in this scenario.

Edited by ponsaelius

Re: Paqueta, maybe being Bruno’s best mate is a reason Eddie Howe hasn’t been interested, I mean there’s been lots of talk about him but zero credible reports that we’ve ever actually been in for him.

Maybe Howe doesn’t want any cliques in the dressing room.

Maddison is a player with similar attributes whos proven that he can do it in this league, pricey no doubt but the club haven’t just randomly bid for this guy, they’ve been tipped off that either the price is lower than expected, Leicester really need the cash, the player really wants to leave, or all of these simultaneously.

Really surprised at this as I wound have thought players at that level were slightly out of our reach at this point but that would be a statement signing for sure.

14 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I think Barnes is around the same quality as Maddison tbh. I'd make Maddison, Barnes and Fofana equally their 3 main assets (accepting Vardy's age).

Maddison often runs the show and it's noticeable when he does like, he's stood out pretty much whenever I've seen them (being in the middle will help). I know you literally breath footy so I'll take your word that I'm wrong about Barnes though [emoji38]

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Day 50 of 84, in Newcastle Online’s transfer trek. We’re getting close folks, really close, I can almost taste it… (Hope it’s a magnificent Madgri and not a mirage) .

4D63853A-5375-4B98-A893-4F928B9F91C7.thumb.jpeg.5e3010aeaf2375fcacf0009622aaec8e.jpeg

Haven’t watched this in a long time. 

Apparently they filmed John Mills downing a real pint for the scene and they had to do around 8 takes of it, so he was rather pissed by the end 

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Pretty sure Paqueta would love to come here tbh. 

Maddison would be a great signing, although given our system he would be on the left no? Makes me wonder if we have someone who wants ASM. 

What makes you think Paqueta would love to come here ?

Guest reefatoon
11 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Could be Maddison’s agent trying to get him a new contract at Leicester.

What, the agent has put a £40m bid in for Leicester to reject it?

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Pretty sure Paqueta would love to come here tbh. 

Maddison would be a great signing, although given our system he would be on the left no? Makes me wonder if we have someone who wants ASM. 

I think Howe will be pretty flexible as long as he has players working hard off the ball to press the opposition. We'll have a pretty set defence, Wilson, and at least 2 hard working central midfielders but I think the other 3 can change depending on the circumstances. We've played with inverted wingers or natural wingers, 'shuttlers' or a two man pivot with a 10.