More transfer rumours

midds

Guest HTT II

Our British buys will be Howe ideas, our foreign buys Nickson and a mixture of young homegrown and foreign players Ashworth. They will all of course be working together to try and get the right blend…

Edited by HTT II

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

So upset you can’t type :lol: 

I was referring to when I pointed out Howe’s transfer record and our business so far earlier this year and a few got really upset.

Like I said back then and repeating now, it’ll work to get us to a certain level but due to such a limited pot of quality British players, that aren’t already playing for a top four side, we’ll need to revise that strategy within only a year or two and hopefully we do.

I’m not convinced by Burn at all. Targett was an improvement because anyone would have been over Dummett. Wood was definitely a Howe recommendation and no improvement.

It’s a fine strategy for now as long as it’s ditched relatively soon because it’ll move us into the top half but not beyond that for the reasons already outlined.

Attempts to sign Ekitike, Carlos, Botman, Bruno and some other links give me some confidence it’ll be more of a blended approach.

Wood was by all accounts that I've read a Steve Nickson pick and Howe was the first manager to okay it.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I was referring to when I pointed out Howe’s transfer record and our business so far earlier this year and a few got really upset.

Like I said back then and repeating now, it’ll work to get us to a certain level but due to such a limited pot of quality British players, that aren’t already playing for a top four side, we’ll need to revise that strategy within only a year or two and hopefully we do.

I’m not convinced by Burn at all. Targett was an improvement because anyone would have been over Dummett. Wood was definitely a Howe recommendation and no improvement.

It’s a fine strategy for now as long as it’s ditched relatively soon because it’ll move us into the top half but not beyond that for the reasons already outlined.

Attempts to sign Ekitike, Carlos, Botman, Bruno and some other links give me some confidence it’ll be more of a blended approach.

How come you're not convinced by Burn? He had one or two brain fade moments last season, but other then that was solid as a rock and had a great relationship with Schar. Given he is likely a backup, for £12m think he's a steal tbh.

Targett is perfect for the next 2/3 season, solid enough to be a Europa League fullback, which is where we will be, and always puts in a 7/10 performance. When we want to start challenging for the a Champions League place, will need to be moved to a squad player, but would be a solid and dependable backup at that point.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Burn and Targett have improved us massively and Wood, despite being bang average, gave us an outlet while Wilson was injured and people need to forget the fee we paid for him, if he was 5m people would be saying he was a bargain, or a good servant when his contract expires. We were desperate, he was available, and he knows the league, that and I firmly believe signing him, we had one eye on being relegated and knowing he’d smash the Championship. He’ll contribute well this season, they all will as they did once Howe come in, even our shitter players.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Wood was by all accounts that I've read a Steve Nickson pick and Howe was the first manager to okay it.

Think that came from The Torygraph after everyone realised how shit he was and Edwards claimed Wood was offered to Bruce who turned him down.

Nickson and Howe both wanted Wood. Nickson reports on hundreds of players, Howe pressed hard to get him which is why it happened so quickly.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Think that came from The Torygraph after everyone realised how shit he was and Edwards claimed Wood was offered to Bruce who turned him down.

Nickson and Howe both wanted Wood. Nickson reports on hundreds of players, Howe pressed hard to get him which is why it happened so quickly.

ITK ?

Guest HTT II

Oh and Burn is like Targett, a solid regular 7/10, just because of his position he will get exposed more and get caught out now and again. But that happens to even the very best of CB’s. He dealt with Zapata last night as if he wasn’t on the pitch. He does need to be less rash in certain situations, but he’s a top 10 CB in the PL easily.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I've read in more than just the Telegraph like. How do you know otherwise?

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We're not going to sign a load of British players from middling clubs though and there's no real indication that's the case. Burn was a last day signing after missing out on Botman, Targett was after a successful loan spell. Pope is a bargain at £10m and has some of the most possitive sweeping stats of any keeper out there, which supports Howe's probable preference to play a high line.

Ashworth has been here two minutes, you would imagine he'll want to set up a proper international scouting network in the coming years.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

How come you're not convinced by Burn? He had one or two brain fade moments last season, but other then that was solid as a rock and had a great relationship with Schar. Given he is likely a backup, for £12m think he's a steal tbh.

Targett is perfect for the next 2/3 season, solid enough to be a Europa League fullback, which is where we will be, and always puts in a 7/10 performance. When we want to start challenging for the a Champions League place, will need to be moved to a squad player, but would be a solid and dependable backup at that point.

Burn was great for the last six months and hopefully will be backup to Schar and Botman this season, which would be fine. 

I don’t think I was very clear, I meant I wasn’t convinced he had much worth moving forward, whereas Targett will do, as you say above.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

We're not going to sign a load of British players from middling clubs though and there's no real indication that's the case. Burn was a last day signing after missing out on Botman, Targett was after a successful loan spell. Pope is a bargain at £10m and has some of the most possitive sweeping stats of any keeper out there, which supports Howe's probable preference to play a high line.

Ashworth has been here two minutes, you would imagine he'll want to set up a proper international scouting network in the coming years.

Don’t disagree at all and you’re right with all of that, but as I say it has it’s limitations and is fine for now but we’ll need that proper scouting network sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've read in more than just the Telegraph like. How do you know otherwise?

Assume you mean the other papers that copied and pasted it.

But for balance and further context:

https://theathletic.com/3066195/2022/01/13/chris-woods-25m-move-to-newcastle-pragmatic-opportunistic-and-weakens-burnley/?amp=1

Eddie Howe, the head coach, wanted Premier League experience.

Guest HTT II

PL manager in a relegation fight wanting PL experience shocker, and also wanting to weaken a fellow relegation rival shocker…

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

PL manager in a relegation fight wanting PL experience shocker, and also wanting to weaken a fellow relegation rival shocker…

In isolation, yes, but alongside Howe’s whole managerial career to date and the rest of our transfer business and it starts to tell a story.

People getting worked up thinking there might be a tiny bit of criticism again :lol: I’m literally saying it’ll work up to a point and is fine right now. It’s so RAWKy in here.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Guest HTT II
Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

In isolation, yes, but alongside Howe’s whole managerial career to date and the rest of our transfer business and it starts to tell a story.

Pray tell…

Very interesting. He's really good, but if we are now looking at adding goals and assists to the side via an upgrade to one of the CM spots, I actually think we can be a lot more savvy about it.

Julian Brandt is a great alternative (not to even mention Houssem Aouar also), and both are available for less than £20 million this summer. Not Premier League experienced, but is an elite level talent. I hope he's considered because I don't think Leicester accept anything less than £60 million for Maddison even though they appear to need to sell players.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

According to the Dortmund subreddit, Bild is absolute shite for transfer rumours. Not being a German speaker I can’t corroborate that by comparing them to other sources but Bild’s reputation on there is pretty poor. At least where Dortmund are concerned anyway.

I tHink it’s the speculated price that makes me suspicious.

41 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

People getting worked up thinking there might be a tiny bit of criticism again :lol: I’m literally saying it’ll work up to a point and is fine right now. It’s so RAWKy in here.

Why preface a mundane point with "I won’t go over this again because everyone get all upset, but it’s a Howe strategy no doubt about it."  :lol:

And now "People getting worked up thinking there might be a tiny bit of criticism again :lol:"  RAWK!

It's like you're trying to create some kind of pariah persona.

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Why preface a mundane point with "I won’t go over this again because everyone get all upset, but it’s a Howe strategy no doubt about it."  :lol:

And now "People getting worked up thinking there might be a tiny bit of criticism again :lol:"  RAWK!

It's like you're trying to create some kind of pariah persona.

Well the responses have already proven both of my points to be highly accurate.