More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The regularity with which the new owners have been compared to Mike Ashley on here is incredibly disturbing.

Agreed and is £40 million really such a bad first offer. Some of our fan base seem to jump straight to the negative. Would they rather we get rinsed by rival clubs and skewed by financial fair play going forward.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I’m likely to get a divorce. The country is down the toilet. This is as good as it gets for me at the moment. 

Mate, I’m sorry to hear that. :-/ 

honestly in that case carry on with the posting, I won’t pick at your stuff anymore. Hope you get through this ok ?? 

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

Agreed and is £40 million really such a bad first offer. Some of our fan base seem to jump straight to the negative. Would they rather we get rinsed by rival clubs and skewed by financial fair play going forward.

1 week from the season starting - yes. 

£40m for Maddison is a steal.  Serious conversation starts at 48/50m. We’ve history of bidding significantly less than asking price and simply moving on. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I’m likely to get a divorce. The country is down the toilet. This is as good as it gets for me at the moment. 

Look after yourself bonny lad ? And escape into the NO twilight zone as much as you need to. All things will pass. 

4 minutes ago, pubteam said:

They'll be the first ones moaning when we end up in a mess too! 

13 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Forum members know more common sense than Ashworth on bidding for players. Including how to value or structure them. :lol:

Tbf ashworth helped Brighton get to mid table in the prem where as I took York City from the bottom tier to the champions league final in 8 seasons on footy manager so I would say I have out performed him

The first bid is just exploratory- to see if Leicester make a counter offer, or suggest a deal is possible for the right price or rule it out completely.

if Leicester counter with 50m we might be on. If they say no deal is possible the club moves on.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

£40m for Maddison is a steal.  Serious conversation starts at 48/50m. We’ve history of bidding significantly less than asking price and simply moving on. 

The season starting in a week has nothing to do with things, as the window doesn't close then.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeah, I like the idea of starting with a lowball offer, so long as it’s followed by a more realistic one. We’ve seemingly walked away from deals when clubs tell us what they actually want. I’m all for boxing smart but putting in slightly derisory bids for players clubs don’t want to sell, then baulking at the asking price isn’t that.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Hope you're OK man.

I think in heat of the moment we all forget it's another person behind the phone or keyboard we are aiming responses at. We all the love the club and this us our place to discuss those views, appreciating people will have different views to you and respecting that should always be mind. As well as remembering anyones personal life at any time could be more difficult and complicated than normal.

Just now, KaKa said:

The season starting in a week has nothing to do with things, as the window doesn't close then.

£40m is a time wasting offer. We don’t have that much time left. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Any examples?

Harrison. Rumoured to have bid £30m was it ? Leeds wanted £40m. We’ve seemingly moved on and offered that money for another player - also been rejected.  

Guest HTT II
16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Take it easy fella, hope things work out all OK for you. For some of the stick you get you’ve been a long time standing member and have never resorted to crap and always put your opinions across well.

Edited by HTT II

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Didn't they rinse Manure for £75m for Maguire and Chelsea £50m for Chilwell? Maddison won't go for £35-40m.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

£40m is a time wasting offer. We don’t have that much time left. 

Harrison. Rumoured to have bid £30m was it ? Leeds wanted £40m. We’ve seemingly moved on and offered that money for another player - also been rejected.  

Bids are all part of the negotiation process, you don't even know how long they've been discussing things with Leicester and why they would have made that bid.

17 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I think £40m is quite a bad offer in this market, back in the day it would’ve been called derisory. 

It’d be derisory for someone who had achieved similar/bigger fees already. It’s twice as much as Leicester paid for him. 

(for what it is worth, he’s listed as £45m on transfermkt)

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Bids are all part of the negotiation process, you don't even know how long they've been discussing things with Leicester and why they would have made that bid.

True. 

But reportedly Leicester have rejected it anyway.  

from the outside looking in. It looks like this logic. 

‘Harrisson for £30m seems a good deal. But Leeds want £40m. At £40m we’ve paid a bit of a premium there. Would rather spend £40m on a James Maddison. Oh that’s not enough either.’

no predefined budget. 
no specific targets. 

Just looking for good deals for good players… with several years left on the contract, mid 20’s, proven PL performers. These will cost a premium. 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

It’d be derisory for someone who had achieved similar/bigger fees already. It’s twice as much as Leicester paid for him. 

(for what it is worth, he’s listed as £45m on transfermkt)

He got 12 goals and 8 assists last season, IMO if he goes it will be for £60m+.

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Man city only paid £42 million and add ones  for kalvin Philips. I agree it's a reasonable offer tbh.

28 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Hey, hope it all works out in a manageable way. All the best with it.