More transfer rumours

midds

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yes, as in I just don't see Maddison happening, I feel even if he was available one of the CL clubs such as Man U or Spurs would be in there as well.

The Hudson-Odoi link on the other hand definitely feels doable, and that makes me more excited tbh.

It would be a massive coup aye.

53 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Howe’s comments on transfers after the match today:

“We’re trying (to make a breakthrough). We’d love to add to the squad before Saturday’s game, but there’s no guarantee on that.”

Promising though, he's on a honest bloke, he would have said unlikely otherwise. 

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Promising though, he's on a honest bloke, he would have said unlikely otherwise. 

He said unlikely  last night after the game so something must have changed 

Edited by SUPERTOON

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If they added just Maddison we'd still need a striker, assuming Maddison would sometimes go out wide. Though I would probably (wrongfully, mind) be very happy with just Maddison.

The intent alone would be so exciting 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I know it risks a wishful jumping to conclusions, but a sudden willingness to splash a large fee on a midfielder maybe linked but a strong sense of being able to fill another needed role with a loan, like Werner for instance. 

True and hopefully they get it done. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The intent alone would be so exciting 

Agree, my excitement for the Forest game is right back up to when the fixtures came out again after today. :lol:

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Howe’s comments on transfers after the match today:

“We’re trying (to make a breakthrough). We’d love to add to the squad before Saturday’s game, but there’s no guarantee on that.”

Changed his tune a bit from a day or two ago, he's saying we would love to add to the squad before Saturday's game, whereas he was saying he can't see it happening last time (Edit I didn't see you had already put that above)

Edited by et tu brute

Just now, et tu brute said:

Changed his tune a bit from a day oir two ago, he's saying we would love to add to the squad before Saturday's game, whereas he was saying he can't see it happening last time

Yep, if I had to guess I would say it Cornet would be most likely 

36 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's a bit weird that we get one report saying we are in talks with Chelsea for Odoi, then on the same day we are in talks with them for Werner. We can't be in talks for both players so I think there's a lot of guesswork going on here.

2 minutes ago, LV said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/keiran-trippier-newcastle-united-interview-27588602

Interesting interview with Trippier. Preaching that the rebuild will be slow and steady and not to expect hugely expensive players straight away. 

Doesn’t say anything about the price of players in fairness, just says top top players. Website is shit though so I might have missed it.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Doesn’t say anything about the price of players in fairness, just says top top players. Website is shit though so I might have missed it.

Yeah he doesn’t give a figure.

Here:

‘It is a building project. Same with Man City years ago. They built the right way and we will too. It would be easy to take over a club like ours and go to top top players. That won’t happen. We have to be realistic. It will take a few years. But it is only upwards now.

Trippier played well in a Newcastle side that lost 3-2 in a friendly to Benfica on Tuesday night. So what is a realistic hope for this season, after £140m of spending this year including Bruno Guimaraes and Sven Botman?

“This is a funny question.” he says. “I understand what the fans expect and demand. People have to realise the takeover has just happened. We just stayed up, well, comfortably in the end, but the position we were in in January….

"As a player I don’t want to get too far ahead. We need to keep building gradually. We know how far the club can go, but we know how demanding this Premier League is. You can't take anything for granted.

“For sure we don’t want to be in a relegation fight. Every game is tough. You want to finish top half of course! Minimum? You always want to set the standards high. Europe and all that… sometimes you have to be realistic, because the league is so powerful. But step by step we will get there, we just need a bit of patience’

29 minutes ago, LV said:

Yeah he doesn’t give a figure.

Here:

‘It is a building project. Same with Man City years ago. They built the right way and we will too. It would be easy to take over a club like ours and go to top top players. That won’t happen. We have to be realistic. It will take a few years. But it is only upwards now.

Trippier played well in a Newcastle side that lost 3-2 in a friendly to Benfica on Tuesday night. So what is a realistic hope for this season, after £140m of spending this year including Bruno Guimaraes and Sven Botman?

“This is a funny question.” he says. “I understand what the fans expect and demand. People have to realise the takeover has just happened. We just stayed up, well, comfortably in the end, but the position we were in in January….

"As a player I don’t want to get too far ahead. We need to keep building gradually. We know how far the club can go, but we know how demanding this Premier League is. You can't take anything for granted.

“For sure we don’t want to be in a relegation fight. Every game is tough. You want to finish top half of course! Minimum? You always want to set the standards high. Europe and all that… sometimes you have to be realistic, because the league is so powerful. But step by step we will get there, we just need a bit of patience’

Fuck that shit, I want every single position filled (with proper backups) and I want it right now. Fuck your 'building', I want it all and I want it sorting this summer. I'm not prepared to wait. This is outrageous. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

It's a bit weird that we get one report saying we are in talks with Chelsea for Odoi, then on the same day we are in talks with them for Werner. We can't be in talks for both players so I think there's a lot of guesswork going on here.

Impossible to try and sign more than one player at a time tbh especially at the same club.  I'm pretty sure there is a rule that says you can only negotiate to sign one player at a time.

Or could it be is x or y available Mr Boehly, we have interest in both, could we discuss terms on both? We may only want one but would like to understand your position on each player.

Edited by relámpago blanco