More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

True. 

But reportedly Leicester have rejected it anyway.  

from the outside looking in. It looks like this logic. 

‘Harrisson for £30m seems a good deal. But Leeds want £40m. At £40m we’ve paid a bit of a premium there. Would rather spend £40m on a James Maddison. Oh that’s not enough either.’

no predefined budget. 
no specific targets. 

Just looking for good deals for good players… with several years left on the contract, mid 20’s, proven PL performers. These will cost a premium. 

Now you say we have no predefined budget and no specific targets. Just out here winging it yeah? :lol:

Just because they're not giving you every single detail of every player they bid for? That's amazing man.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Now you say we have no predefined budget and no specific targets. Just out here winging it yeah? :lol:

Just because they're not giving you every single detail of every player they bid for? That's amazing man.

Tbf, we all have an incredibly limited perspective of actual goings on and we all like to entertain ourselves by filling the gaping holes of information by what we can only surmise and this is done largely dependent upon our mood at the time. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

It’s clear we are basing things on a deal by deal basis. We have the money to buy Harrison but we don’t think he’s worth £40m. If we don’t bid again for Maddison perhaps we can assume £40m is our limit but I think and hope we’ll bid higher. 

We’ve bid for James Maddison August 1st. No previous links. To me this strongly suggests - we’ve moved on from a number of earlier targets. 

We’ve heard reports that the leadership is ‘monitoring the market’ and trying to avoid being exploited. The links we’ve had - aren’t even the same profile of player beyond a decent age. They are just midfield / attackers at this point. 

when Howe said we might look at other positions because we can’t get the players we want at the price we want, perhaps we’re moving on a sort BPA (best player available) basis.

Im (wildly) speculating/assuming our team have a system that measures players positive contributions (attack & defence) and has a value for every ‘point ‘ in that system that a player accrues. 
I guess then there would be a ratio between price and players game contributions. If a player approaches a level we deem acceptable to try for them, we do.

If we were looking for a wide player but their numbers didn’t measure up, maybe we look at other positions.

Tbf, Maddison seems to have played plenty, and effectively towards the right side of midfield.

16 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Yeh, I don't get how some can get so angry and/or condescending when it's all just second-hand information we're all getting. 

Personally...I just don't believe these constant rumours of us undervaluing players over and over. The whole "NUFC aren't getting their targets because they're bidding too low" angle doesn't wash with the fact we have Dan Ashworth and now Darren Eales* running the show.

*not sure he's necessarily started the role, yet. But Dan has. 

People need to be seen as authoritative and knowledgable on an internet forum. Despite being neither, obviously. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I’m likely to get a divorce. The country is down the toilet. This is as good as it gets for me at the moment. 

Sorry to hear that mate if that’s true.

Been through that and it’s shit. 

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d spend 50 million on Barnes mind, i rate him that highly.

I don't really get excited about links to players like Barnes or Maddison. It's in the same category as Raphina and Phillips, I'm sure we'd love to sign them but it just seems pie in the sky.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I don't really get excited about links to players like Barnes or Maddison. It's in the same category as Raphina and Phillips, I'm sure we'd love to sign them but it just seems pie in the sky.

As in too good to be true?

there were a few here not hot on Raph and Phillips. And they’ve both ended up at some of the biggest clubs in the world. 

Maddison and Cornet for £70m is good work imo.  

Get us Werner in on loan and we are going for Europe next season. 

(suddenly our central midfield looks terrible)

Just now, The College Dropout said:

there were a few here not hot on Raph and Phillips. And they’ve both ended up at some of the biggest clubs in the world. 

Re the central midfield, its why I prioritise a right sided centre mid (if we continue 433) slightly more than a winger. If we want to play a possession dominating game, only Bruno is comfortable receiving the ball from the back when it's not a counter attack. Others will twig on to this soon enough and combat Bruno similar to ASM.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Yes, as in I just don't see Maddison happening, I feel even if he was available one of the CL clubs such as Man U or Spurs would be in there as well.

The Hudson-Odoi link on the other hand definitely feels doable, and that makes me more excited tbh.