Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

13 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

This lad will be signed soon I reckon. Would be nice to get him in.

Think if we spend money on him we’ll go into the season with Wilson, Ekitike and Wood.

Not ideal with Wilson’s injury record but hopefully Ekitike is good enough/fit enough to keep Wood away from the team.

Seems a bit ridiculous to be worried about only having two good striker options when we barely had one under Ashley. Feels good to be spoilt already.

I'm loving it, impatience is just misguided excitement in this regard.

People need to chill out.

8 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

I miss being a kid in the 90's. Lack of proper internet and, y'kna, being 9-12 meant that one day I just woke up and we had signed Ginola or Ferdinand. Lived in blissful ignorance till it was actually done. Feel like the first transfer 'saga' I vaguely remember being aware of was Shearer.

Yep, I remember my grandma driving us back from the airport when the radio announced that we'd signed Shaka Hislop, which was the first time 8 yr old me had heard anything about him coming. Makes you realise how draining everything is these days, hundreds of knackers each day playing tug-o-war with your emotions.

In 96 when we signed Shearer I had this football game on the Amiga 500 where you could customise the team you were playing with, they had no official teams but you could essentially make a team with black n white stripes and then rename your players.

Of course I had Shearer up front alongside Ferdinand but this was before we signed him. There wasn’t much speculation on the news or radio iirc. So I didn’t even know if we were in for him.

Then the morning it happened, I literally had a dream that the signing was announced, woke up and went down to get breakfast/lunch (probably the latter as was a lazy teenager) and it was all over sky news and the radio that it was done. Kept watching Sky news on the hour, well 20 past for the sport bit.

The squad was in Malaysia already for pre season and sky had a shot of him in a club tracksuit sitting on the back of one of those airport luggage carts giving a little wave to the camera. It was absolutely torture waiting for the season to start.

Guest HTT II

Avoiding tw@tter is good for your well-being, the only time I see shit from there is on here. 

Edited by HTT II

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Avoiding tw@tter is good for your well-being, the only time I see shot from there is on here. 

It really is.   Only good time to go on is when a signing has been made.   99% of the time its just shite and is actually there to make you react and get anger.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Awaymag said:

It really is.   Only good time to go on is when a signing has been made.   99% of the time its just shite and is actually there to make you react and get anger.

I avoid it like the plague, same with all the other NUFC/footy social media channels. I get more genuine ITK stuff from WhatsApp groups I’m in with mates, family and grassroots footy groups.

I really don't understand all the hate for Twitter, surely if you're selective with your sources/accounts then it's fine?

It's not like you'd be sat in a pub and actively start listening to or acknowledging the crazys propping up the bar and taking their ramblings as truths so why would you do it on twitter?

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, tom1988 said:

I really don't understand all the hate for Twitter, surely if you're selective with your sources/accounts then it's fine?

It's not like you'd be sat in a pub and actively start listening to or acknowledging the crazys propping up the bar and taking their ramblings as truths so why would you do it on twitter?

Howay man it’s a cesspool, even the blue tick so-called journos spout absolute bollocks and rarely get anything right. It’s decent for breakdown of stats and such I imagine and NUFC’s Twitter account has improved massively RE vids and montages which I get to see on here, but for rumours, gossip, ITK shite and banter? It’s fucking trash!

2 minutes ago, tom1988 said:

You spend half your life blocking/muting posters as everyone is just on the wind up.  #NUFC is a cesspit, you can't see any reasonable posts for the constant baiting and parody of parody accounts.

17 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I avoid it like the plague, same with all the other NUFC/footy social media channels. I get more genuine ITK stuff from WhatsApp groups I’m in with mates, family and grassroots footy groups.

The best thing they ever did was put in that "login to continue" fail-safe.

16 minutes ago, tom1988 said:

Because people can't punch you in the face for not minding your own business, on twitter.

34 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I get more genuine ITK stuff from WhatsApp groups I’m in with mates, family and grassroots footy groups.

Considering your record on ITK stuff on here, I doubt that's true :lol:

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Considering your record on ITK stuff on here, I doubt that's true :lol:

I’ve had one or two hits in my time ha ha. I was the first on here to post that Ashley wanted KK… I just got the 3.00pm Friday unveiling wrong!

Edited by HTT II

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Howay man it’s a cesspool, even the blue tick so-called journos spout absolute bollocks and rarely get anything right. It’s decent for breakdown of stats and such I imagine and NUFC’s Twitter account has improved massively RE vids and montages which I get to see on here, but for rumours, gossip, ITK shite and banter? It’s fucking trash!

Hmm I'm probably the opposite; rumours, shite and banter I get from on here and vids, montages etc. I get on Twitter. I don't bother reading posts by anyone that has some shit nufc photo or parody or black and white emojis as their name or their bio. Same for any other club. If that is all they have going for them then clearly whatever they say is going to be their unverified, biased shite.

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I know it’s overdone, but it was mental seeing people basically write the guy off 

They were going to reattach it but the Surgeon is watching a Bruno vs Botman 100m race that started yesterday and won't finish until next week. 

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I know it’s overdone, but it was mental seeing people basically write the guy off 

The poor kid died last week, didn’t you hear the news?

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

The poor kid died last week, didn’t you hear the news?

It was mostly aired in Mexico. Not much coverage over here, apart from a tweet by Perez.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, hakka said:

It was mostly aired in Mexico. Not much coverage over here, apart from a tweet by Perez.

Not this boring shite again…

5 hours ago, tom1988 said:

The problem is now Twitter doesn’t want you to see tweets from people you follow but topics it thinks you’re interested in. I have to scroll through a sea of NUFC ‘banter’ and various other shite to get to my actual accounts I follow. 

Graeme Bailey’s latest update on 90mins says the deal “will be FFP friendly” as NUFC have a lot of business to do this summer. No idea whether that is 5 years of instalments or loan to buy with permanent deal guaranteed.

12 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Graeme Bailey’s latest update on 90mins says the deal “will be FFP friendly” as NUFC have a lot of business to do this summer. No idea whether that is 5 years of instalments or loan to buy with permanent deal guaranteed.

I heard it’s over 50 years 

half a million a year