Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

On Dyer, I heard back in the day (around the same time there were rumours that he had HIV) that he actually in fact had hepatitis, which given his liver issues seems quite plausible now. Either way, a horrible thing to be living with.

On poor auld Hugo, he got the thigh injury (hamstring) in February, suffered a breakdown with it in April and then again in June. Something is obviously very wrong there, he either got poor treatment from his club, or he hasn’t been following the rehab advice (which is another Pandora’s box..)

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

On Dyer, I heard back in the day (around the same time there were rumours that he had HIV) that he actually in fact had hepatitis, which given his liver issues seems quite plausible now. Either way, a horrible thing to be living with.

On poor auld Hugo, he got the thigh injury (hamstring) in February, suffered a breakdown with it in April and then again in June. Something is obviously very wrong there, he either got poor treatment from his club, or he hasn’t been following the rehab advice (which is another Pandora’s box..)

Dyer suffered with sickle cell disease I’m sure which really effects the immune system. 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

I'd be very interested to know if we actually have another target in mind if Ekitike doesn't join, or is he just one of those "he's gonna be good, let's get him" type signings?

We're linked with every player under the sun, but only Botman and Ekitike appear to be solid links. 

I think we want two strikers, or rather Hugo for a wide forward role rather than a main striker, maybe we want another wide forward with Wilson and or Wood through the middle?

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

He's got a liver condition though, nothing to do with his leg muscles?  Or are they somehow linked?

It's not as simple as just the liver, but aye. If your liver is knackered it can effect everything. It's what processes what you intake into your body. 

3 hours ago, Ikon said:

You are relentlessly boring mate. Please get yourself another nice Logitech keyboard and start posting like you used to do. 

I don't understand his incessant patter and I just find it irritating.

Guest HTT II
23 minutes ago, HawK said:

I don't understand his incessant patter and I just find it irritating.

I don’t have many pleasures in life, at least allow me to bore and irritate you!

Guest HTT II

Gerrard could have been an injury prone player, but Rafa’s team and his coaching and techniques probably saved him from that. Hugo is still young and growing, I’m sure he will be fine with considered injury risk management. Same with DCL.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

there isn’t a single element of fact around this :lol:

He’s mentioned it when he first got into the first team he struggled to recover from games and would play through the pain barrier and that when Rafa come in they worked out a way to manage that while he was developing and growing, back pain I think it was.

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

But it doesn’t match his injury record at all

Thats because they found a way…

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Thats because they found a way…

Nope, he had fuck loads of injuries. In his Liverpool career he spent over 740 days out injured (and that’s only since 2002!)

are you basically saying that without Rafa, Gerrard would never have played? :lol:

Guest HTT II

Nope, he had fuck loads of injuries. In his Liverpool career he spent over 740 days out injured (and that’s only since 2002!)

are you basically saying that without Rafa, Gerrard would never have played? :lol:

Howay man, I’m saying when Rafa joined the found out he was struggling to recover from games and had some back problems and they found a fix/worked around it so he would pretty much play full seasons.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Anyway Gerrard without Rafa = Longstaff

Ridiculous conclusion.

Edited by neesy111

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Howay man, I’m saying when Rafa joined the found out he was struggling to recover from games and had some back problems and they found a fix/worked around it so he would pretty much play full seasons.

He missed over 2 years worth of games :lol:

gerrard “was” injury prone.