Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

You are relentlessly boring mate. Please get yourself another nice Logitech keyboard and start posting like you used to do. 

I’ve ordered one, it should be here 3.00pm Friday, it’s from Mexico like so I’m not hopeful. If it doesn’t arrive I may have to retire too!

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, LV said:

Can Ekitike’s ghost play on the wing? 

He’d ghost past players easily, sign him up!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I’ve ordered one, it should be here 3.00pm Friday, it’s from Mexico like so I’m not hopeful. If it doesn’t arrive I may have to retire too!

Honestly, and you had the cheek to Giggs me the other day. Your entire banter is Giggs of yourself. Giggs-ception.

Actually don't give up, it's amusing watching the bites. Ayoze Perez would be proud.

Guest HTT II

In all seriousness, if he’s as talented as made out, and is obviously one for the future, him being injured wouldn’t put me off.

Guest HTT II
Just now, hakka said:

He'd spook a lot of defences, that's for sure.

He’d be horrifying to play against, he’d leave them for dead I’m sure.

I'd be very interested to know if we actually have another target in mind if Ekitike doesn't join, or is he just one of those "he's gonna be good, let's get him" type signings?

We're linked with every player under the sun, but only Botman and Ekitike appear to be solid links. 

5 minutes ago, hakka said:

Why have we changed the title :lol: - has club announced we've pulled out? If not that's a crazy over reaction to the injury.

A thread title change is not a crazy overreaction [emoji38]

Just now, Willow said:

A thread title change is not a crazy overreaction [emoji38]

It sort of implies deal is off we are not after him a little. Maybe wait to see the actual news after 24 hours? :lol:

Just now, hakka said:

It sort of implies deal is off we are not after him a little. Maybe wait to see the actual news after 24 hours? :lol:

Long titles take up too much bandwidth. They should all be shortened to either a number, letter or roman numeral that we all need to work out the relevance for.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Long titles take up too much bandwidth. They should all be shortened to either a number, letter or roman numeral that we all need to work out the relevance for.

I like this concept. A standard code matrix. I propose code FLO-DID for this.

Frenchy Limped Off, Deal In Danger. :thup:

Edited by hakka

So, just reading on here, this is a second recurrence of the same injury. Perhaps his recovery has been mismanaged by Reims, but really who knows.

I guess they have a medical department too and wouldn't want to risk throwing in a saleable asset for a fairly meaningless tournament.

My genuine question (and it's not specifically related to Etikite) is whether some players are genuinely, physically, more prone to injury. Or whether it's just down to bad luck / poor medical teams / training. On the bad luck thing, the law of averages says there will be some players who just pick up injury after injury for no good reason.

We've all seen players who end up constantly on the treatment table (I'm thinking of Dyer for example), but how much of that is down to actual physical problems?

And if there's an actual physical tendency for a player towards getting injuries, is there any way medically to predict that?

4 minutes ago, Abacus said:

So, just reading on here, this is a second recurrence of the same injury. Perhaps his recovery has been mismanaged by Reims, but really who knows.

I guess they have a medical department too and wouldn't want to risk throwing in a saleable asset for a fairly meaningless tournament.

My genuine question (and it's not specifically related to Etikite) is whether some players are genuinely, physically, more prone to injury. Or whether it's just down to bad luck / poor medical teams / training. On the bad luck thing, the law of averages says there will be some players who just pick up injury after injury for no good reason.

We've all seen players who end up constantly on the treatment table (I'm thinking of Dyer for example), but how much of that is down to actual physical problems?

And if there's an actual physical tendency for a player towards getting injuries, is there any way medically to predict that?

Simple answer, yes, some players are more prone to injury than others. Prediction - yes again; However, this is partly why medicals take so long these days. They use modelling based on all different movements to predict whether injuries are likely to occur. It's a horribly complex task given the number of different movements a human body can make, so obviously not fool proof, but it goes a long way.

Edited by Shearergol

A recurring hamstring injury is a major concern for a lad who is 19. Despite where we think he can potentially go - he won’t be fulfilling any of that if he’s unable to complete seasons and develop on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I think Dyers is due to a condition he has. He nearly died recently

41 minutes ago, hakka said:

Why have we changed the title :lol: - has club announced we've pulled out? If not that's a crazy over reaction to the injury.

It's more because the news in the title was getting old and there hasn't been any new developments in the last week or so (except for his injury, obviously) 

13 minutes ago, Abacus said:

You need time to assess this I think. 3 seasons sounds data sounds fair. 1 season is impossible to tell differece from bad luck, poor management of his injury or injury prone player. 

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think Dyers is due to a condition he has. He nearly died recently

Oh gawd, I didn't know that. I've just googled it and it's really upsetting.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have used him as an example knowing that, he was just someone that came to mind as someone whose career was blighted by injury.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

It's more because the news in the title was getting old and there hasn't been any new developments in the last week or so (except for his injury, obviously) 

Fair do's :thup:

Doesn't appear to be any rule that signing an injured player or pulling out from a signing of injured player is stupid one way or the other.

At least now we know that those assessing it are far better equipped to do so than the previous lot. Will just have to delegate I guess.

As good as Wilson is, I wouldn't sign another Wilson if I knew we were in for patchy fitness.

Edited by Wolfcastle

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Sounds like a right soft cunt, no wonder he doesn't fancy it. Once ASM has been hounded out, he's next.

Our current captain will sort him out