Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Have yous honestly forgotten that we had like 3 weeks of the same headlines and discussion over 'AC Milan can't match Newcastle's offer, Botman is holding out for them to match it because he wants to go to AC Milan' every day?

Edited by Kid Icarus

Nothing is clear. None of us are privy to the finer details. All we have to go one is whatever info is leaked to the press, or what journalists pull out of their own ass. Let's wait and see what happens. The club's new owners and management have shown they can be trusted to do the right thing so far.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Have yous honestly forgotten that we had like 3 weeks of the same headlines and discussion over 'AC Milan can't match Newcastle's offer, Botman is holding out for them to match it because he wants to go to AC Milan' every day?

All from Italian media.

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

All from Italian media.

It wasn't though. UK media was saying we 'hadn't given up hope' there was 'nothing imminent'

Countless posts saying we should move on. End up signing him and the same people just went into the Ekitike thread and doubled down. :lol: Even then, there's literally nothing saying Ekitike doesn't want to come here, just that his agent is being unreasonable. 

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

As soon as a deal was agreed, Botman was here and signed. Can't say the same for Ekitike.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

As soon as a deal was agreed, Botman was here and signed. Can't say the same for Ekitike.

Aye, possibly because of his agent. Are you going to suddenly change your mind about him if he ends up signing for us?

Was all from the Italian media that were saying he wanted to go to Milan and not us, I'm pretty sure. I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong on that mind. Any English media links saying that?

I don't really know if he doesn't want to be here or not --  I'm just quite annoyed with his shite little agent who's seemingly hold this up by asking for more money after likely something was agreed prior. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

He just turned 20 two weeks ago. It's not shit or bust for him. He's more as likely to get another 10-15 goals. He'll have just turned 21 - all the big clubs around Europe will be in for him with just 1 year left on his contract. The fee would remain the same for Reims but he would be in for a lot more money personally and for his agent too.

Another year at Reims is a good idea for footballing reasons too.

Not for Reims it isn't. He'll be down to one year left on his contract and might just decide to sit out the final year as well then take his pick of clubs.

If I had to put money on who the next striker is through the door it would be this lad. The PSG stuff probably floated by his agent has fallen flat, and I think we are in pole position. All this stuff is just horse trading with loads of time left in the window. If we make a serious move for an alternative striker then the agent will capitulate IMO.

51 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not for Reims it isn't. He'll be down to one year left on his contract and might just decide to sit out the final year as well then take his pick of clubs.

Nah at 21 - it’s time for a move. For his own career’s sake. And he’ll be on very low wages at Reims. Another year isgood to get him a better shot and more experience. But not 2 - that would be a failure.