Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

I haven’t really followed this thread that much but find the hate for the kid proper weird. He’s 19 and his agent is whispering how every big club in Europe is interested in him. Yet some people here seem to be genuinely hurt that he hasn’t jumped at the chance to sign for a midtable English club that has a bit dubious history with French flair players. Feel like that attitude by some NUFC fans is more entitled than anything the kid has done.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

I haven’t really followed this thread that much but find the hate for the kid proper weird. He’s 19 and his agent is whispering how every big club in Europe is interested in him. Yet some people here seem to be genuinely hurt that he hasn’t jumped at the chance to sign for a midtable English club that has a bit dubious history with French flair players. Feel like that attitude by some NUFC fans is more entitled than anything the kid has done.

I personally don’t hate him - just seen nothing on his best of clips to make me think he’s anything special. 

i see a load of goals either tap ins or deflections in situations where he has that much space and time he could stop and make a continuum.

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

Surely he isn’t retarded and has some sort of influence and say if he wants to move.

His agent is his mam, he'll do what she says or get grounded. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

What dubious history is that then? Ginola? Robert, Cabaye, Zoggy? They all did well and were idolised. ASM's had a slightly bumpy ride but in general is liked, as was Ben Arfa (wasn't the fan's fault he struggled for playing time). Thauvin and Cabella weren't good enough at the time so couldn't break into the first team. The only french players I can think of who actually got 'some' grief from the fans was Boumsong and Obertan, I wouldn't call them 'flair' players though. Even Guivach didn't get any bother, though mainly because everyone thought he was one of the physios.

IMO the moment will come when Ekitike looks at his agent and asks whether he is actually going to get a transfer this summer.

When that happens, his agent is going to have to find him a club with a deal that works and ultimately it will come down to whether his agent is not only good enough to find a bigger club than us but a one who can offer as big a transfer fee and wages.

If, say, Dortmund come in with a comparable fee and wages for him, then fair fucks to his agent.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that "Ekitike has decided to join Newcastle", or something that sounds like a U-turn. Whatever happens, I'm not particularly fussed, like I was with Botman.

9 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

What dubious history is that then? Ginola? Robert, Cabaye, Zoggy? They all did well and were idolised. ASM's had a slightly bumpy ride but in general is liked, as was Ben Arfa (wasn't the fan's fault he struggled for playing time). Thauvin and Cabella weren't good enough at the time so couldn't break into the first team. The only french players I can think of who actually got 'some' grief from the fans was Boumsong and Obertan, I wouldn't call them 'flair' players though. Even Guivach didn't get any bother, though mainly because everyone thought he was one of the physios.

Ekitike was born in 2002, we are fucking old now. I don't know why you didn't bold the 'bit' too as it very much changes what I meant. Thauvin and Cabella both came with a decent reputation and flopped hard. HBA and ASM mostly liked but some idiots are still sad to have seen them in a NUFC shirt.

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Ekitike was born in 2002, we are fucking old now. I don't know why you didn't bold the 'bit' too as it very much changes what I meant. Thauvin and Cabella both came with a decent reputation and flopped hard. HBA and ASM mostly liked but some idiots are still sad to have seen them in a NUFC shirt.

Aye, that's fair, to be honest I completely missed the 'bit' [emoji38]

Feels like the bluff has been called on this one. Give them an offer and a deadline and it either happens or it doesn't, non-negotiable, no more stalling. And I'd be offering slightly less out of sheer principle, this is the deal - sign it or don't. 

If he doesn't then I'd not consider or speak to the cunts again. He's not the only talented young striker in the world.  

6 minutes ago, midds said:

Feels like the bluff has been called on this one. Give them an offer and a deadline and it either happens or it doesn't, non-negotiable, no more stalling. And I'd be offering slightly less out of sheer principle, this is the deal - sign it or don't. 

If he doesn't then I'd not consider or speak to the cunts again. He's not the only talented young striker in the world.  

Aye.

Sends a solid message to other agents and entourages very early on that we will not be fucked about. We will be seen to be an extremely professional and astute organisation to deal with, and one that is difficult to outmaneuver. Every negotiation we conduct in this way will make things exponentially easier as time goes on.  

i'm very happy with how they are conducting themselves if what we read is to be believed. 

Edited by Comegetasample

Have a feeling we'll end up signing him. The Botman negotiation shows that we're perfectly willing to wait patiently for things to fall our way. I wouldn't blame Ekitike here, he's a young man who seemingly is badly advised. We wouldn't have been involved in these talks for this long if he didn't want to come; it seems quite clear his representatives are the issue here. So either they change their tune, he gets rid of them, or we simply move on. We're in a terrific position and, unless he is persuaded to stay in Reims for another season and miss out on a huge pay rise, Ekitike and his people are not. At some point soon, there will be one final offer and I suspect he's going to end up taking it.

If not, we'll move on. We've got no reason to worry here.

43 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Have a feeling we'll end up signing him. The Botman negotiation shows that we're perfectly willing to wait patiently for things to fall our way. I wouldn't blame Ekitike here, he's a young man who seemingly is badly advised. We wouldn't have been involved in these talks for this long if he didn't want to come; it seems quite clear his representatives are the issue here. So either they change their tune, he gets rid of them, or we simply move on. We're in a terrific position and, unless he is persuaded to stay in Reims for another season and miss out on a huge pay rise, Ekitike and his people are not. At some point soon, there will be one final offer and I suspect he's going to end up taking it.

We've got poker players at the top who will win the staring contest. It's very satisfying.

11 hours ago, STM said:

IMO the moment will come when Ekitike looks at his agent and asks whether he is actually going to get a transfer this summer.

When that happens, his agent is going to have to find him a club with a deal that works and ultimately it will come down to whether his agent is not only good enough to find a bigger club than us but a one who can offer as big a transfer fee and wages.

If, say, Dortmund come in with a comparable fee and wages for him, then fair fucks to his agent.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that "Ekitike has decided to join Newcastle", or something that sounds like a U-turn. Whatever happens, I'm not particularly fussed, like I was with Botman.

I really hope we don’t wait around for this might never happen day, but now while we’ve just signed botman and our stocks up a little.

8 hours ago, Memphis said:

Don’t think anyone’s worried, the majority of people in this thread have said they’re happy with the way we’ve played it.

Seems like a real talent and the club have obviously done their research and decided he’s someone they definitely wanted so I don’t get this “well he doesn’t look that good anyway from fans”. That said it’s good we don’t take any shit thesedays and if the agent is badly advising him and asking for ridiculous demands for himself then I’m glad we’re walking away.