Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

On 29/06/2022 at 06:46, ExiledGeordie said:

Seems like a real talent and the club have obviously done their research and decided he’s someone they definitely wanted so I don’t get this “well he doesn’t look that good anyway from fans”. That said it’s good we don’t take any shit thesedays and if the agent is badly advising him and asking for ridiculous demands for himself then I’m glad we’re walking away. 

I genuinely don’t think he looks that good and never felt good about the deal, even before it broke down and it seems he’s not flooded with offers either.

It’s genuinely not sour grapes from me - I just don’t have a good feeling about him.

7 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

I hesitate to say 'bollocks to him' because we have a club that knows better for the first time in a very long time.

Yep although if he does end up here which I think is still the likely outcome, he’ll need to hit the ground running. 

Most casual fans have already decided he’s arrogant and doesn’t want to be here, when it’s possibly just his shitty agent. I have no doubt the club will be quick to do some positive PR with him should he arrive.

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I genuinely don’t think he looks that good and never felt good about the deal, even before it broke down and it seems he’s not flooded with offers either.

It’s genuinely not sour grapes from me - I just don’t have a good feeling about him.

Thats fair enough. I really don’t have specific feelings about most of the players we sign. We have proper people scouting and assessing players. If Howe, Ashworth et al want a player that’s good enough for me 👍

Trust firmly in Howe if this deal happens. Unfortunately for the player he would now be starting with the added pressure but I trust Howe and his team, I think they’ve shown to be a great judge of character so far. 

Think I'm all in on Joshua Zirkzee now. Really like his profile.

18 goals and 13 assists in all competitions for Anderlecht, in his first experience of first team football last year, was the most goal contributions by any player under 21 outside of Haaland, Vinicius and Adeyemi.

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Not a massive fan of his. Looks slow and  lazy in the press; doesn’t really have the athletic gifts you’d expect of a young a Nigerian striker. Seems decent technically though.

We had Shola for 14 years, I think he'll be fine!

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Think I'm all in on Joshua Zirkzee now. Really like his profile.

18 goals and 13 assists in all competitions for Anderlecht, in his first experience of first team football last year, was the most goal contributions by any player under 21 outside of Haaland, Vinicius and Adeyemi.

When I hear Anderlecht and a striker doing well I immediately think of Mitro.

Just now, BonesJones said:

When I hear Anderlecht and a striker doing well I immediately think of Mitro.

The striker that has scored for fun everywhere, including internationally, except for Mike Ashley's Newcastle?