Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

7 hours ago, Manxst said:

Yeah, as in the champions league, when they won’t have any decent players to get anywhere near competing for it, like Scottish teams. 

So a better chance to compete for the CL at Newcastle in near future for Hugo?

Deluded Geordies not so inaccurate. :lol:

1 minute ago, Pata said:

The whole French League is going bust apparently cause PSG have decided to invest their millions in youth. 

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Bizarre. Where have I said that? 

Well done to his agent, got exactly what his client wanted.

Let's all see whether it was the correct move. My guess is that he will be on loan elsewhere in 12 months time.

2 minutes ago, Dembacha said:

The whole French League is going bust apparently cause PSG have decided to invest their millions in youth. 

Nope. The owners of PSG have decided to cut their spending and invest significantly less in transfers, youth or otherwise. 

1 minute ago, STM said:

Well done to his agent, got exactly what his client wanted.

Let's all see whether it was the correct move. My guess is that he will be on loan elsewhere in 12 months time.

looks to only be a loan to PSG with an option to buy, must be hard being skint

Just now, Manxst said:

Nope. The owners of PSG have decided to cut their spending and invest significantly less in transfers, youth or otherwise. 

predict they'll look to sell after the WC

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Bizarre. Where have I said that? 

He chose to go to PSG to compete in a third tier level without having a chance to compete for the CL because they lack the players instead of coming to NUFC?

Just now, Jack27 said:

predict they'll look to sell after the WC

Don’t know if it’ll be that soon, but it’ll happen at some point. The owners are getting nothing at all from their multi billion investment other than French league trophies. Next to nothing back financially due to the mess French football is in and nothing in Euro sporting success.

Just now, Pata said:

He chose to go to PSG to compete in a third tier level without having a chance to compete for the CL because they lack the players instead of coming to NUFC?

Nope. I said short term it’s an ok move for him. Long term, PSG will be a third rate European team as the French league is simply not competitive and the Qatari owners will soon give up. Nothing about CL with us. You’re making stuff up. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Everyone slagging off PSG for going for the big stars. Now trying a more sensible approach that everyone wants us to do too but it's seen as they are just giving up. 

Just now, Pata said:

Everyone slagging off PSG for going for the big stars. Now trying a more sensible approach that everyone wants us to do too but it's seen as they are just giving up. 

Not saying that either. Just that they won’t be the European powerhouse they are now, in the future.  

Just now, Manxst said:

Not saying that either. Just that they won’t be the European powerhouse they are now, in the future.  

Are we a European powerhouse and did he sign a lifetime contract?

And you're basing their downfall on absolutely nothing. They've just tied Mbappé down to huge deal, are investing in young upcoming players cause their previous strategy hasn't exactly paid off (still made it to a CL final), they're hosting a World Cup in a few months and have developed a load of business all across France on the back of them purchasing the club. Don't think their plan was to be profitable on a football front. They'll be fine and so will the French league as long as they keep selling players like Bruno and Botman to rich premier league clubs.

Can't help but think he was poorly advised, hes not getting much gametime there, can see him being loaned out for 2 or 3 seasons before fading into insignificance, good luck to the lad anyway he clearly wasn't interested in joining us.

I don't know much about the lad as a player, but he must have talent with PSG, Dortmund and ourselves showing genuine interest.

As I've said, good luck to him, but reading between the lines it seems obvious that his agent acted in bad faith towards us.