Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Not getting the hate for him, he was advised badly and he has some loyalty to the person who’s giving this bad advice.

The plan for PSG was to sell Neymar so he probably thought he’d be playing more until Neymar dug his heels in.

He’s young enough that a year in limbo won’t do his career all that much harm and the things he will learn from the forwards in that squad..

I’d have no hesitation going back in for him again… as long as he ditched the agent. Trouble will follow that chap.

15 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Which he got, but turns out, it was a terrible decision. For all of the oft repeated reasons above.

He's been there for few months and all the stars have been fit and motivated ahead of the WC. Bit early for conclusions like that. :lol:

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not getting the hate for him, he was advised badly and he has some loyalty to the person who’s giving this bad advice.

The plan for PSG was to sell Neymar so he probably thought he’d be playing more until Neymar dug his heels in.

He’s young enough that a year in limbo won’t do his career all that much harm and the things he will learn from the forwards in that squad..

I’d have no hesitation going back in for him again… as long as he ditched the agent. Trouble will follow that chap.

Fucking hell...

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Bet he regrets the decision, was badly advised, couldnt hack it here, has ruined his career at this early stage and probably has AIDs.

Heard his auntie's an MLF from the Reims stronghold as well.  Dodged a bullet. 

3 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

French kid born and lived his entire life in France chooses the biggest club in the country. It’s not exactly a preposterous decision.

Yes, I understand what you're saying man. It's all about timing though.

It wasn't the right time for him to make that move, and most people on here could see this all coming.

He had only just made his first big impression at Reims in one season. If he plays it all out correctly, after another few years, he probably ends up at PSG as the main man.

Now, he's upset about not playing, and is going to have to rebuild his confidence and get back going again elsewhere probably.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Lad doesn’t seem to have been well advised, but the move was still understandable.  What is more worrying is the manager criticising his attitude - that’s not great considering where he is and his age. 

All reports about him prior was that he had a lot of hunger and desire to improve and was a really hard worker and trained well. It's likely a reason we went for him as well as we apparently do a ton of background checks on players now.

He's clearly been hugely discouraged by his current situation and it's likely affected how he trains.

I've seen games they've been up at least 3 goals and don't even give him 10  - 15 mins at the end. it's genuinely been surprising how little he's played, especially considering how easily they often dispatch other teams in Ligue 1.

2 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Proper weird the hatred people have for this kid, like :lol:

What exactly have you read on here today that you are describing as hatred?! My goodness man :lol:

Edited by KaKa

Some clubs are renowned for giving young players a chance, Bayern, Dortmund even Barcelona. PSG not so much. But pretty much the worst club out there is NUFC. Now you could argue that we don't give young players a chance because the ones we have are all useless and historically for the last couple of decades they have been. However the lack of game time that Anderson is getting (Murphy for fuck's sake starts instead of him) is not going to encourage all these young Brazilians we are being linked with to actually want to sign for us. In Eddie we trust, well in Anderson's case not so much. Did he give young players a chance when he was at Bournemouth and Burnley?

Maybe he'll pick him tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

All reports about him prior was that he had a lot of hunger and desire to improve and was a really hard worker and trained well. It's likely a reason we went for him as well as we apparently do a ton of background checks on players now.

He's clearly been hugely discouraged by his current situation and it's likely affected how he trains.

I've seen games they've been up at least 3 goals and don't even give him 10  - 15 mins at the end. it's genuinely been surprising how little he's played, especially considering how easily they often dispatch other teams in Ligue 1.

Im actually a little surprised that PSG didn't send him out on loan. I get the argument about working with top level players could improve his game, but as you said his lack of game time, even when the game is well won, is a bit mystifying. Could compare him with Anderson, but I think Howe is genuinely easing him in to the premier league and is now on the verge of upping his game time minutes. This is backed up by the comments on the two players by their respective managers. 

Edited by et tu brute

I don't think we can compare Anderson to Ekitike really, as Ekitike has performed at a much higher level.

Anderson is being brought in much slower as the height of his experience so far has been at League 2 level.

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

I'll never understand this mindset.

I would never move to a bigger club until I was good enough to be an important piece.

I'm not busting my behind in training everyday to be marginalised and left on the outskirts of the team. I'd rather drop down a level and play every week, and if that's the best I can manage then so be it.

Every young talent should take a look at Haalands career and take notes on what the best way to develop is. Genuinely believe he wouldn't be the same player he is today had he gone straight from Molde to one of the richest/biggest clubs in the world.

13 hours ago, Conjo said:

Every young talent should take a look at Haalands career and take notes on what the best way to develop is. Genuinely believe he wouldn't be the same player he is today had he gone straight from Molde to one of the richest/biggest clubs in the world.

When you're young and have a lot of talent you have to be getting game time. 

Can't fathom being that talented and rotting away on the bench for some dumb galactico team.

Edited by KaKa