Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

19 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We don't know the full story though, the whole thing about him requesting ludicrous agent fees could be exaggerated. Same with him apparently using us to sound out PSG, it's possibly all just people putting 2 and 2 together, people (me included) just never believed the PSG interest was legitimate.

What we do know though:

We've been interested since at least January.

He's been aware we've been interested since at least January.

We've had a fee agreed since May.

He was willing to stay at Reims, rather than move here.

He could have knocked us back anytime. He didn't because he knew that our bid would promote his clients name.

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, The Prophet said:

What we do know though:

We've been interested since at least January.

He's been aware we've been interested since at least January.

We've had a fee agreed since May.

He could have knocked us back anytime. He didn't because he knew that our bid would promote his clients name.

That's his job though. If PSG hadn't been genuinely interested then he would probably have ended up here.

9 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Absolutely fair play to him and his agent ending up at PSG. 

A way more attractive option than us right now, especially to a 19 year old French lad. He'd have probably got less opportunity to play here. PSG have more games to play and can afford to rest their first 11 given they'll walk the league. 

No hard feelings at all from me. Its just the way it goes. 

Less opportunity to play here? Nah, not having that. Mbappe, Neymar and Messi to get past, instead of Wilson and Wood? Even if they rest players, he’d still have got more playing time here. If he was good enough, he’d get in the team here - at PSG, your name comes first, and I don’t see his as being big enough right now. 

5 subs opens it up so much. He'll get plenty of games 20-30 minutes here and there, starting games before big CL fixtures, starting in CL games when they've already qualified through the groups, Messi now being mid 30s, Neymar in his 30s and injury prone. Think he'll be fine like.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Fair play to lad. He held out and got a dream move.

Amusing that some of our fans are suggesting it's a bad move. I hope he succeeds in snapping his leg into 1000 pieces in his debut, but let's relax.

3 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Fair play to lad. He held out and got a dream move.

Amusing that some of our fans are suggesting it's a bad move. I hope he succeeds in snapping his leg into 1000 pieces in his debut, but let's relax.

Not interested in him in the slightest now, not our player and I hope he won’t be. There’s loads of players out there who won’t want to play for this club, that’s fine. This time last year we were scrounging around for a loan deal with Choudrey, now we’re linked with great players. The rise in our fortunes might come a little soon for some players.. but once we get into the top 6, then top 4.. attitudes will change and that arrogance from certain clubs, agents or players won’t be a thing we have to deal with.

7 hours ago, Manxst said:

Less opportunity to play here? Nah, not having that. Mbappe, Neymar and Messi to get past, instead of Wilson and Wood? Even if they rest players, he’d still have got more playing time here. If he was good enough, he’d get in the team here - at PSG, your name comes first, and I don’t see his as being big enough right now. 

Plus the French league is in massive decline,  he just passed on playing in the best league in the world for a club that will be challenging for top honours in a few sessions.  

21 minutes ago, duo said:

Backward career move  - clearly agents getting a bigger slice of the pie.

From Reims to PSG? You can be frustrated that he didn´t come here but no need to be fucking stupid about it.

It’s a massive club and presumably loads of money, so I don’t think you can say it’s a mistake. Whether he plays or not might not even matter that much, it’s like a lottery win. 

He obviously wasn’t that interested in coming here. He probably doesn’t understand our potential just yet. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

8 hours ago, Pata said:

From Reims to PSG? You can be frustrated that he didn´t come here but no need to be fucking stupid about it.

I'm not. First off - Ligue 1 is finished- the league is broke. It's no competition for PSG and in time Qatar will move their focus to the Premier League.  Secondly he'd developed far more playing for Howe in the Premier League than he will being bench fodder in Ligue 1.  So I stand by my comment. 

I think it’s impossible to say what the right decision is for him, will depend on how much game time he gets and whether he can break through. PSG are absolutely mental so there’s no guarantee it will work out and I do think that playing in Ligue 1 for the team with more resources than all other teams combined isn’t necessarily the best recipe for success but who knows. Either way, I look forward to his agent getting a drink-driving charge for crashing into the Eiffel Tower 

9 minutes ago, duo said:

I'm not. First off - Ligue 1 is finished- the league is broke. It's no competition for PSG and in time Qatar will move their focus to the Premier League.  Secondly he'd developed far more playing for Howe in the Premier League than he will being bench fodder in Ligue 1.  So I stand by my comment. 

He'll get way more playing time at PSG than he probably would have gotten here. Why is Ligue 1 finished btw?

It's amazing how bitter we can be about a young French lad choosing to go to the best club in France, living in Paris, over us. :lol:

Move on, he's not worth thinking about a second more - nor his agent.

Spoiler

Maybe pop back in here to discuss if he gets pissed up and dies in a car crash?

1 hour ago, duo said:

He's never played for Howe in the PL.