Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'll never understand this mindset.

I would never move to a bigger club until I was good enough to be an important piece.

I'm not busting my behind in training everyday to be marginalised and left on the outskirts of the team. I'd rather drop down a level and play every week, and if that's the best I can manage then so be it.

He says, from his sofa. :lol: 

We’d all like to think we’d act differently, but if you’re a 20-year old kid and one of the biggest clubs in the world is telling you you *are* good enough and they’re going to pay you *this* much, it’s almost a no brainer.

On the flip side, declining a move to a big club and/or dropping a league often gets you labeled as lacking in ambition.

I don’t begrudge the kid and I’m not gonna piss in his cornflakes. As others have said, he’s gotten poor advice from people who should know better. I hope it works out for him because he does seem like a real talent.

7 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

We’d all like to think we’d act differently, but if you’re a 20-year old kid and one of the biggest clubs in the world is telling you you *are* good enough and they’re going to pay you *this* much, it’s almost a no brainer.

On the flip side, declining a move to a big club and/or dropping a league often gets you labeled as lacking in ambition.

I don’t begrudge the kid and I’m not gonna piss in his cornflakes. As others have said, he’s gotten poor advice from people who should know better. I hope it works out for him because he does seem like a real talent.

For some reason people have concocted up some narrative that paints him and his agent as subhuman scum [emoji38]

He did nowt wrong and his comments after were respectful.  

17 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I'm sorry man at 20 years old with the breakout season he had, there was interest from ourselves, Dortmund and I think Bayern.

Dortmund and Bayern play young players and are high profile clubs, if he didn't think we were high profile enough. He's made a terrible call going to PSG man.

You don't go anywhere near PSG and Man City if you aren't being brought in as a main piece. Fast way to screw up your career. Unless you're maybe older and are fine with being a squad player.

He's lucky he's only on loan and hasn't been signed there on a wage that would have made it difficult to move elsewhere.

Didn't realize his move to PSG was a loan, that's bizarre man. Who loans a starter to go sit on the bench at a bigger club? Seems completely backwards.

Am I tripping and this is something that happens all the time? Can't think of another example like. 

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm sorry man at 20 years old with the breakout season he had, there was interest from ourselves, Dortmund and I think Bayern.

Dortmund and Bayern play young players and are high profile clubs, if he didn't think we were high profile enough. He's made a terrible call going to PSG man.

You don't go anywhere near PSG and Man City if you aren't being brought in as a main piece. Fast way to screw up your career. Unless you're maybe older and are fine with being a squad player.

He's lucky he's only on loan and hasn't been signed there on a wage that would have made it difficult to move elsewhere.

French kid born and lived his entire life in France chooses the biggest club in the country. It’s not exactly a preposterous decision.

4 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

French kid born and lived his entire life in France chooses the biggest club in the country. It’s not exactly a preposterous decision.

To be fair, he didn't need to leave Reims. Particularly with no more security than a weird loan deal.

Just now, GideonShandy said:

Him and Unai Emery.

I don't know if we would have stayed up under Emery tbh, we probably would have but I don't think the progression would have been as quick.  Next season he will be pissed off, surely Villa can't have much to spend now under FFP and if they do then we can sign who the fuck we like.

He's a grown ass adult, capable of making his own decisions.  If he couldn't see that he was going to rot on PSG's bench, then he's a moron. If he thought he was going to displace the established forwards, then he's deluded.

Either way, not the sort of character I would like to see in our dressing room.

All very predictable, and great fun, but we have Isak and Wilson who are better, and we should attract a quality CF in Jan.

Was fun knowing you Ekitike. I hope your career isn't a total bust, but with that attitude and those hamstrings, I'm not holding my breath.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think he just wanted a move to the biggest club in France. 

For sure, the decision was likely guided by ambition, ego and naivety. He would have had to have done something incredible to have displaced one of PSG’s stars, it was never going to happen. If he’s happy being there and soaking up the experience of being around the best player in the world, Messi and two of the other best players then that’s completely understandable. If he’s gone there genuinely believing he’s going to be starting lots of games and getting more than 20 minute sub appearances then he’s been badly misguided