Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

43 minutes ago, TRon said:

Surely that opens the  door for us to make a move for Kalimeundo?

If we are allowed to believe the papers Leeds have agreed a deal with psg 

43 minutes ago, duo said:

Hopefully he enjoys sitting on the bench as that's where he'll be. 

Thing is, teams like Man City and PSG can usually give young uns a fair amount of time from the bench. If they're winning 2-0/3-0 [which is often the case] it's the perfect situation to give them some experience.

50 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Thing is, teams like Man City and PSG can usually give young uns a fair amount of time from the bench. If they're winning 2-0/3-0 [which is often the case] it's the perfect situation to give them some experience.

Yeah, and somehow the much hyped 5 sub rule doesn't seem to apply to Ekitike and he'll forever be on the bench.

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

Good luck to the lad. We must be doing something right if we are targeting the same youth as psg.

Win some lose some, onto the next.

Yep, it does show we are after serious quality regardless of success in the actual procurement. It will be interesting to see who we move onto now seeing as a lot of clubs seem to be after similar sort of forwards.

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

Good luck to the lad. We must be doing something right if we are targeting the same youth as psg.

Win some lose some, onto the next.

Got no problem with him thinking it's a better move. Him and his agent did mess us around though and I also think we were a bit naive this time. Personally think we should have moved on after his agents comments in January.

31 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

By choosing Messi over Chris Wood he's personally wronged me and I didn't want him anyway

I'll be honest, I thought him and his agent were completely deluded a couple of weeks ago, but it's pretty clear now that they've done nothing other than what is obviously best for the both of them [emoji38]

17 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I'll be honest, I thought him and his agent were completely deluded a couple of weeks ago, but it's pretty clear now that they've done nothing other than what is obviously best for the both of them [emoji38]

You seemed to rate him more than most as well. :lol:

My money's on him being available again in a year or two like. 

22 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I don't begrudge him for holding out for PSG, but his agent has acted in pretty bad faith.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't begrudge him for holding out for PSG, but his agent has acted in pretty bad faith.

Yeah, exactly. Just the way they carried on that was distasteful.

Will be really interesting to see how things play out for him there.

24 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Well they got what the lad wanted no doubt. Though probably less dosh, for both, at least in the short term and (as ever) remains to be seen whether it is best for both of them in the medium to long term. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We don't know the full story though, the whole thing about him requesting ludicrous agent fees could be exaggerated. Same with him apparently using us to sound out PSG, it's possibly all just people putting 2 and 2 together, people (me included) just never believed the PSG interest was legitimate.

Absolutely fair play to him and his agent ending up at PSG. 

A way more attractive option than us right now, especially to a 19 year old French lad. He'd have probably got less opportunity to play here. PSG have more games to play and can afford to rest their first 11 given they'll walk the league. 

No hard feelings at all from me. Its just the way it goes.