Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Who was it who Ashley brought in around the same time as Wise? Jimenez? According to KK he pulled the plug on the Modric deal because he was too lightweight 

Jeff Vetere was the other.

He ended up being sued by one of them. God that guy was such a fool when it came to those he hired.

I can picture him absolutely shitfaced in the pub with some eejit with ideas bending his ear off, then the next morning writing down the bits he misremembered and coming up with it as a business strategy.

If SD was private, he’d have ran it into the ground long before he bought this club.

18 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He ended up being sued by one of them. God that guy was such a fool when it came to those he hired.

I can picture him absolutely shitfaced in the pub with some eejit with ideas bending his ear off, then the next morning writing down the bits he misremembered and coming up with it as a business strategy.

If SD was private, he’d have ran it into the ground long before he bought this club.

The story of how the entire coaching staff ended up with eight year contracts :anguish:

2 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

Hopefully we can move on from Ekitike now he obviously doesn't want to play for us. 

and after suffering a hamstring problem. No way can he pass a medical

That's not how medicals work. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I don’t actually know that one, am afraid to ask 😂

Andy Woodman bumped into Ashley in As You Like It and after a bit of power drinking Ashley said he was going to give him an 8 year contract.

He went in the next day and Pardew told him he couldn't accept because it would piss off the rest of the coaching team, so he went to Ashley to turn it down and his response was to give Pardew and all of his coaching staff 8 year contracts.

In a way it makes Ashley seem like a good lad, but set against all his penny-pinching everywhere else :anguish:

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

It's meant to provide additional support to a potentially weak area and to help with load on that area to try and prevent over exertion. I think it's generally accepted it can have some benefit, but it's far from guaranteed prevention. Just a patch up and see.

It's nonsense, man. Just a placebo. It's doing no one any harm, but the help its supposedly providing is purely psychological. 

I was all in until this injury.

We've had so many bad experiences with injury prone strikers.

I have a feeling the deal may crumble now unless it's just a short term issue.

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

He's pulled his hamstring ffs, they played him to early. That's all it is. He is young, he shouldn't have been rushed. The fact he has tape on his leg shows he needs  rest. It's ridiculous they played him. 

I hope so, that sounds fair. Fingers crossed.

If it’s a serious tear he’ll be out for 3 months minimum.

They need to do detailed tests on him, is it the same leg as before? It could just mean he didn’t get the right treatment at his current club and rushed back maybe. 4 months should be enough but it obviously wasn’t if it’s the same leg?

Why is there such an over reaction to Ekitike getting an injury? All players get injured. And Ekitke hardly has a track record (yet) of being injury prone. This shouldn't effect us signing him at all. He should be ready for the bench and be slowly brought in to PL games lile Bruno was, maybe even slower etc. 

Sounds like he wasn't given enough time to heal or given the right care. Some clubs don't look after their players well enough and rush them back. We saw it here before Rafa and after Rafa until Howe came. If you don't rotate enough, or rush them back, or monitor your players conditioning to know when they need a rest or a change of physical training it can lead to injures and relapses. I don't know if Remis is the best club in France for medical and fitness care, but I would wager not since Ekitike was 4th choice start of season and only got his chance because of other players injured.

Edited by hakka

3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

The best case you can ever give when people say billionaires are somehow smarter than us. Mike Ashley made a billion pounds. And most of the time he literally sabotaged his investments with terrible ideas and terrible employees 

Ashley being a billionaire keeps me up at night ngl.