Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

How many of them reached our players? Does that stat exist?

No idea. But even just preventing the opposition CB from easily winning everything is not to be underestimated 

9 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Clutching a little there I reckon :lol:

Results suggest otherwise. Obviously our resurgence isn’t just, or anywhere close to just, being down to having him in the team. But in the absence of Wilson, it was vital that we had a competent focal point, and he is at least that, regardless of what we paid for him.

5 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You would rather sign a player based on his vaccine status than his performances?

I don't think Weghorst was ever looked at like.

Well I'd like to think our scouts would be at least as well informed as Burnley.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Results suggest otherwise. Obviously our resurgence isn’t just, or anywhere close to just, being down to having him in the team. But in the absence of Wilson, it was vital that we had a competent focal point, and he is at least that, regardless of what we paid for him.

I feel this is just going round in circles. I asked what he's doing that makes people say he's doing a good job. I don't think "winning headers" is a massively positive thing, but I will accept that having him on the pitch is probably better than playing with 10 men, so I'll leave it there.

Looking forward to him breaking his duck for us anyway, or watching him win some more headers.

We probably need to start playing more to HIS strengths and we’d get maybe a few goals from him, but it’s still pleasing to see that despite the fact we don’t, he is contributing something tangible to the overall team and whatever it is, seems to be working. He looks really slow though, has a very poor first touch and needs a goal desperately for his confidence alone. I still maintain, he was signed for two purposes, because he was readily available and would come with no fuss at all and that he’d also prove his worth in the Championship if we were to go down. Hopefully he proves some worth as a PL player for us enough to help us stay up which he seems to be doing, as they all are really. 

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Thought he at least took up better positions and attacked the ball in the air better first half. Still pretty shite though, Schar looked a better forward to set up Willock than Wood has since he arrived.

I thought that was Wood at first and was thinking he's not that bad after all. :lol:

He is a big physical presence, but nothing else to us. I thought he seemed closer to scoring today than ever for us, but still seems out of sorts. Maybe a goal would help us see a different player in him, but doesn't feel like great business at all. He has to be gone next season. I don't want him even as back up. 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Same [emoji38]

Was actually pretty gutted when it turned out to be our centre back.

Yeah I don't rate Wood at all, but really want him to turn it round, he puts in 100%, even if it's pretty poor stuff for the most part.

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Aye. Still though, we're picking up points and that's all that matters. He'll be a squad player at best next season. 

Yeah,I'd certainly keep him in there till Wilson returns. He's looked a decent finisher elsewhere but he's wilting a little in front of goal, desperately needs one

4 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Aye. Still though, we're picking up points and that's all that matters. He'll be a squad player at best next season. 

Wood actually be in everyone's interests if he can start bagging a few goals. He's got a decent record prior to this season, we could sell him on if he rediscovers that form.