Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

I was quite positive to the signing, and in some ways still is.

But let's be honest, he is not very good.

He is a target up front. Ties up the CB quite well. But not much more.

Hope he gets a goal soon, might help him loosen up a bit.

As Ivar Hoff would say, he have a harder touch then shoot. 

He's working hard for the team, and we are winning games with him in the side, but as a forward, he needs to chip in with the odd goal. No big deal as long as we are getting results, but questions will be asked when/if we start losing games.

He was bought as an emergency signing and did a job when needed physically. He is never worth 15m let alone 25 but having that extra physical presence has helped us, no doubt. Is weird we couldn't find someone better for that money over the window but we needed someone in a matter of days. It is what it is.

I'm sure he will score sooner or later. He won't be here past the end of next season.

Guest neesy111
20 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Yeah, that was a great bit of play, I think it'll come for him.  Give howe some time to work his magic and he'll be banging in 30 next season.

Go to Specsavers.

Been sticking up for him a bit. He does keep the defence unsettled, he presses well from the front and he’s a good focal point. Getting a bit better at holding it up. 

But he really is quite bad at football. Never seems to time his headers at goal properly. Bruno played a through ball and a nice pass round the corner to him. He seemed really slow to react both times. 

When he went through and I think we were 3 on 2. He chopped back, held the ball for too long so that his chance of two easy passes went and then he didn’t even work room for a shot himself. Then punted it straight to the opposition :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Felt canny sorry for him today like. :lol: Must have been thinking it was finally his time to shine after 10 minutes and only really had that one chance all match.

Yeah I was desperate for him to get a third, seemed like a great opportunity. Then I realized what a luxurious position we were in compared to a couple of months ago when I'm disappointed cos a specific player didn't score a third.

He's still played his part in our recent run of form like. We'd all love goals from our centre forward but what's important is results and at present he is contributing to a very good run of form from the team. 

I am a bit concerned about how limited he's looked for us thus far. He certainly looks lacking in confidence, and we of all fans can see quite clearly how important confidence is, however he needs a break soon otherwise I feel we're going to pass him by with minimal impact.

I'm sure he'll pick up a goal or two before the season's out however if this is his baseline then I'm not sure he's going to offer us anything beyond this season (provided we stay up); even as a squad player for where I expect we'll want to be competing.

Unlucky not to score on the header he had in the first half and the pass for Willock's goal was lovely (nevermind, I need to get my glasses replaced)

Edited by woody
I'm an idiot