Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

5 hours ago, Jinky said:

I used to think that Woods would make a good signing, when he was at Leeds.......how wrong can you be!

Nearly 5 years ago, that makes a big difference particularly when you have next to no pace/mobility to begin with.

Decent enough CF in his day, but nowhere near PL standard nowadays. 

On 26/07/2022 at 22:01, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Mate, is everything OK? Blink twice to let us know if you posted that under duress. :lol:

Ha ha.Go and see a memory doctor mate.He’ll help you remember Big Joe’s performances when he filled in for Wilson.That’s when EVERYONE said he was an absolute joke of a footballer.

46 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Ha ha.Go and see a memory doctor mate.He’ll help you remember Big Joe’s performances when he filled in for Wilson.That’s when EVERYONE said he was an absolute joke of a footballer.

I'm not disagreeing that Joelinton is a useless striker. I'm pointing out that having Wood up front is a waste of a player on the pitch. Even playing a youth striker would be better than having Wood play at this point in time.

You argument that we should play Wood because Joelinton is a poor striker is false equivalence. Other options are available.

54 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm pretty sure he won the most headers by some distance in the league last season? Where they went is another matter like.

Think him and Burn went to the same school for heading

I'm not sure I've ever been less conflicted on a player. He was shite every game we played, he was a literal body to occupy defenders and prevent ASM being wasted there but we won games despite him. I hope I never see him play again.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm not sure I've ever been less conflicted on a player. He was shite every game we played, he was a literal body to occupy defenders and prevent ASM being wasted there but we won games despite him. I hope I never see him play again.

Probably not a good idea to tune in tonight then 

He did alright in the second half tbh. Held the ball up a few times and actually played runners in. Probably the best 90 mins I've seen him play for what that's worth.

That second half was about as good as we’ve ever seen from him in a Newcastle shirt, he played some nice balls into others with deft flicks and used his body more to get to shield the ball and not give it away cheaply. Not exactly amazing but some hope at last that he can have some impact as a sub 

Looked horrific as usual, like hes sinking in porridge.

Doesn't attack the ball from crosses, can't run, slow as fuck when he does try to run, can't hold the ball up, can't read a through ball. Absolute mess.

If we are to progress hes exactly the type of player we should be replacing.

5 hours ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I'm not disagreeing that Joelinton is a useless striker. I'm pointing out that having Wood up front is a waste of a player on the pitch. Even playing a youth striker would be better than having Wood play at this point in time.

You argument that we should play Wood because Joelinton is a poor striker is false equivalence. Other options are available.

Wood is poor,we all know that,but my initial point was that Wood with all his deficiencies is a better option than Big Joe.You haven’t disagreed having replied to both of my posts.I don’t know the quality of our youth strikers but it seems if they have no quality,they should be selected before Wood.Before Big Joe also? 

2 hours ago, Yelevats said:

Did well tonight, get a couple of decent wingers alongside him who can run in behind while he drops deep to link play and he’s going to be fine.

The Ashley effect. 

I think he needs to keep dropping deep more often like he did a bit today to collect and lay it off. With a 3-man midfield, the most attacking one can then run beyond for flick-ons etc.

In the PL he just sort of stood next to the opposition defenders all game when we had the ball. Hoping Howe is going to work on continuing to get him to come deep and get involved, if only to pull defenders out of position and make holes.

In the 26th minute he controlled a pass into him, took a further 2 simple touches then laid the ball off to a teammate about 7 yards away. This was the first adequate thing he did in the match. 

He's so far removed from being a threat that it's just embarrassing at this point. He's a lemon, they bought a dud and he'll not be the last dud they buy either. The lad simply offers zero, he tries, he's sometimes involved in play and I'm sitting there begging him to not be awful when he gets the ball but he invariably just is. 

2 minutes ago, Howeay said:

He is also soft as shite for a big bloke, not aggressive, gets knocked around by centre backs.

Yuuuuurrrrs. Didn’t think a soft cunt was on the cards but it is. Superb. 

12 hours ago, Numbers said:

Looked horrific as usual, like hes sinking in porridge.

Doesn't attack the ball from crosses, can't run, slow as fuck when he does try to run, can't hold the ball up, can't read a through ball. Absolute mess.

If we are to progress hes exactly the type of player we should be replacing.

I would like to see footage of him doing the standing jumps, Dummett can leap like Billy the Fish, as he doesn’t seem to get any air seemed really heavy footed a couple of times last night.