Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

20 hours ago, Interpolic said:

3 starts, fucking hell :lol:

Jesus Christ, I wanted them to survive, but they actually deserve to go down with that sort of decision making. Great for us though, I thought we were writing off the best part of £20m a couple months ago. :lol:

3 hours ago, Lish007 said:

Don't forget the 4m loan fee too. So we actually got 19m for him! 

Yep.  Only ended up being a net £6m in fees in the end - a nice bit of business all in, helped relegate Burnley and I still think the lad did a decent job leading the line for a few months last season.  All the best to him - also, have Forest had a deekee at Jamal Lewis?  Someone should tell them he’s just what they need at left back …

9 hours ago, Lish007 said:

Don't forget the 4m loan fee too. So we actually got 19m for him! 

I would have thought the loan fee would count towards the total price if the move became permanent. Surely Forest's negotiating team weren't THAT stupid?

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I would have thought the loan fee would count towards the total price if the move became permanent. Surely Forest's negotiating team weren't THAT stupid?

Unfortunately they were! It had to be a loan fee and then if clause was activated, a separate fee of 15m..

Laughable. Chris Wood for the win!! 

8 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep.  Only ended up being a net £6m in fees in the end - a nice bit of business all in, helped relegate Burnley and I still think the lad did a decent job leading the line for a few months last season.  All the best to him - also, have Forest had a deekee at Jamal Lewis?  Someone should tell them he’s just what they need at left back …

Just on the "helped relegate Burnley", but the move also helped Weghorst end up at Man U. I hope that does not hurt us next week. That transfer story may have more to come.

1 hour ago, Lish007 said:

Unfortunately they were! It had to be a loan fee and then if clause was activated, a separate fee of 15m..

Laughable. Chris Wood for the win!! 

Nothing unfortunate about it - well not for us, I do feel a teensy bit sorry for Forest fans.

Thanks for bringing some joy on a miserable Saturdayt afternoon though, If I could have liked that post 10x I would have done.

Guest reefatoon
55 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Whilst Colback and Shelvey start 

They have signed 305 players this season, how the fuck does Colback get a game ahead of them all. [emoji38] What a total waste of money man. 

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

They have signed 305 players this season, how the fuck does Colback get a game ahead of them all. [emoji38] What a total waste of money man. 

I can't conceive how the talentless little shit made any kind of career at all. How did he manage (and still does) to convince so many teams he could do a professional job? In this daft money era, he probably averaged 40k a week and all I ever remember him doing is give away free kicks in dangerous areas. 

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

Nothing unfortunate about it - well not for us, I do feel a teensy bit sorry for Forest fans.

Thanks for bringing some joy on a miserable Saturdayt afternoon though, If I could have liked that post 10x I would have done.

Hopefully a Newcastle win can add to that. It's what Atsu would want and that's what we need to give him!