Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Hate to say it but if Wood was still here, when Willock gets injured, we could have brought Wood on and gone 442. Likely would have won the game. 

If Wood was still here he'd probably have started ahead of Isak whilst we ease him back into full fitness. 

3 starts? Fucking hell. Do they have so.many strikers that 3 starts would ever be a doubt for him to reach? Whatever, what great work the transfer team for pulling this off. £15m as opposed to maybe £5-10m is even greater.

Obviously I have no idea about the specifics of football accounting and FFP of both uefa and PL varieties, but the whole thing just smells like books cookin to me. Maybe the classic Loan with a mandatory future fee no longer met some classification that allowed clubs to defer the date of spend, so instead they put in a clause that will absolutely get met no matter what. 

There is no reason other than creative accounting to put in such an inevitable clause imo. 

28 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Obviously I have no idea about the specifics of football accounting and FFP of both uefa and PL varieties, but the whole thing just smells like books cookin to me. Maybe the classic Loan with a mandatory future fee no longer met some classification that allowed clubs to defer the date of spend, so instead they put in a clause that will absolutely get met no matter what. 

There is no reason other than creative accounting to put in such an inevitable clause imo. 

Likely forest have spent a ton of money and might need to push this expenditure into the next financial year. 

Sounds like the club just wanted the money to be paid in summer rather than January and Forest obliged, hence the 3 games clause.

Very happy with that. £15m is insane, I was expecting him to go in the summer for a few mill.

Really well done to the team for pulling that off, he was a panic buy and clearly not good enough but served the purpose of us buying him and we got rid at the right time.

Also worthwhile reading his thread in the Notts forum since he started his first game, they are realizing they've been duped :lol:

Edited by Newcastle Fan