Jesse Lingard

30 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

I'm gonna be the first to admit I've not got one iota how these things work but could the player "buy" himself out of the last 6 months of his contract?   And then we sign him to a short term contract till the end of the season but with a stonking sign-on bonus which covers what "he" paid to extract him from the red scum?

Don’t think you can play for a team in the same league for a set time if you buy yourself out, I’m  also not an expert though so don’t quote me on that.

We all know people who bang on all the time about ‘overpaid Premier League footballers’ but in reality they are skilful athletes with a comparatively short career span; to frustrate someone’s ambitions to continue to play at the highest level that they can with no really strong justification is just small time. If he plays a lot of games and keeps them in the top six, fair enough otherwise seems spiteful  

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

You said if he really wanted to here he would have been here by now- absolute nonsense

That’s how most transfers go , most players force it through , he’s had us chasing him for ages man , he’s a bullshitter . 100% didn’t want it , I know fact . 

Just now, GWN said:

That’s how most transfers go , most players force it through , he’s had us chasing him for ages man , he’s a bullshitter . 100% didn’t want it , I know fact . 

:lol: telling it like it is.

Go on then, tell us how you know for a fact that he didn't want to come despite every journalist in the country saying he wanted to come and it's been Man Utd playing funny buggers for the last couple of weeks

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

:lol: telling it like it is.

Go on then, tell us how you know for a fact that he didn't want to come despite every journalist in the country saying he wanted to come and it's been Man Utd playing funny buggers for the last couple of weeks

I can’t mate  , however it my understanding it’s true [emoji38]

ya daft fucker [emoji38]

Edited by GWN

1 minute ago, GWN said:

I can’t mate  , however it my understanding it’s true [emoji38]

ya daft fucker [emoji38]

So you don't know then, just been talking nonsense. Fair enough if that's how you get your kicks

Manure being cunts. Within their rights and unsurprising. They gave us the numbers to make it happen but it appears we didn't meet them even half way. If we meet the asking price or at least get close to it, its a done deal. Still could be. 

Manure hold the power, it's a case of how bad do we want Lingard. Not enough is the answer so far. 

In terms of us trying to set a standard this transfer window and not be taken advantage of, I get it but we are in a different place now to where we could be in the summer. We are still limited in who is interested in coming and the need is greater. If we stay up we will unlock a buffet of new higher level players where we can once again be in the position to say, "ok, we will find someone else" and have plenty of other options. That is not now though and our PL status could depend on bringing in Lingard or not. 

Sucks for Lingard, absolutely. He needs to be playing. Approaching 30 and new younger players coming in all the time, he will struggle to get to Qatar now with England. 

30 minutes ago, GWN said:

conor-mcgregor-who-the-fuck-is-that-guy.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Lingard could reignite it by saying he'd be up for a permanent, could he not? They have said for the past few weeks that they'd sell him but were reluctant to loan him out.

I agree unless he would rather sit on his rear end and make the big money in the summer.

32 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

We all know people who bang on all the time about ‘overpaid Premier League footballers’ but in reality they are skilful athletes with a comparatively short career span; to frustrate someone’s ambitions to continue to play at the highest level that they can with no really strong justification is just small time. If he plays a lot of games and keeps them in the top six, fair enough otherwise seems spiteful  

Totally agree, when he leaves Man Utd - they’ll have taken somebody who supported them since a child and transformed him into somebody who hates them.

i remember a quote from Rooney a couple of weeks ago about derby captain getting another offer and he had some time left on his contract and Rooney said that he said to him “I can’t ask you to stay, I have to think about what’s best for you” and he let him go even with the position Derby’s in.

The difference in attitudes

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Anyone else think that we'll just end up meeting their ridiculous original demands?

Was thinking that myself but the more time ticks by, the less chance there is of it happening.

1 hour ago, Yassassin said:

Man u = Spiteful Utd.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Got a sneaky nagging feeling that we’ll go back in for him in the next hour in one last ditch attempt, probably paying closer to what Man Utd wanted.

Almost definitely. Feel like the leaked "he is staying" comments are absolutely serving the play back to us. They could have said that yesterday. If an acceptable bid comes in over the next two hours he will go.

Would love it if Rangnick decides to sub him on next match. He's waiting for the ball to go dead then suddenly starts to go back the bench and get his tracksuit back on saying he's changed his mind at the last minute and doesn't want to play. 

30 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Got a sneaky nagging feeling that we’ll go back in for him in the next hour in one last ditch attempt, probably paying closer to what Man Utd wanted.

We don't seem to have any other options so I guess we might. Although I've got a feeling we've decided that's it, window done.