Jesse Lingard

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

Jesse must be raging. Basically his world cup chances fucked. 

I'm gonna be the first to admit I've not got one iota how these things work but could the player "buy" himself out of the last 6 months of his contract?   And then we sign him to a short term contract till the end of the season but with a stonking sign-on bonus which covers what "he" paid to extract him from the red scum?

Honeslty fuck Man United. Absolute scumbags in this whole ordeal. Why the fuck were they negotiating today only to pull the plug on a guy who has been pretty damn loyal to them being on the books for 22 years? 

1 minute ago, Simples said:

I think if greenwood doesn't get locked up he gets released

That's a good point actually. But why string everyone along all day unless you're a muppet of the highest order, which they are.

Just now, Kanji said:

Honeslty fuck Man United. Absolute scumbags in this whole ordeal. Why the fuck were they negotiating today only to pull the plug on a guy who has been pretty damn loyal to them being on the books for 22 years? 

To waste our time. Some sort of look at us look at us. So unfair on JL above everything. Really poor, even if they wanted to fuck around with us. 

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

That's a good point actually. But why string everyone along all day unless you're a muppet of the highest order, which they are.

Maybe because they've had an update from his solicitor saying he is fucked.......no doubt they have been keeping tabs on it and if he is remanded or had his "stay" extended then they are covering themselves. 

3 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

I'm gonna be the first to admit I've not got one iota how these things work but could the player "buy" himself out of the last 6 months of his contract?   And then we sign him to a short term contract till the end of the season but with a stonking sign-on bonus which covers what "he" paid to extract him from the red scum?

That’s what I was wondering 💭 

5 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

No. It’s been discussed (Webster rule or something?). He can buy himself out but only then go to a foreign club I think?