Jesse Lingard

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Lingard doesn't want that though.

If he moves without a fee in a few months (even if it is to ultimately join us after a loan for now) he gets a massive signing bonus.

He will by Monday or he sits on the bench 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

He will by Monday or he sits on the bench 

Personally, I think he'll sit, as he has been all season already. Another few months and he'll be able to go where he wants and get a sizeable bonus and salary for it too.

41 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Considering Watford spent 27 mill on him and he still has 2 years left to run I'd say probably a fair bit more than 15 mill.

I think we're all just so used to Ashley that we're completely out of the loop in terms of the market. Daft fees and insane loan fees are the norm now.

:lol: Is that how much he cost? Fair enough. Was aware it was likely a wild statement. I suppose my point was there is probably better value out there.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Personally, I think he'll sit, as he has been all season already. Another few months and he'll be able to go where he wants and get a sizeable bonus and salary for it too.

He won't, he'll move once it gets closer to the deadline.  Man United can either pay his wages for the rest of the season and not play him or loan him to us for a fee and we pay his wages.  Any business that is willing to lose out on several million quid plus his wages whatever the size for no particular reason is going to struggle.  Tbf though this is probably why they do struggle and why they won't ever be the force they once where.  They don';t have the right people in place anymore.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

He won't, he'll move once it gets closer to the deadline.  Man United can either pay his wages for the rest of the season and not play him or loan him to us for a fee and we pay his wages.  Any business that is willing to lose out on several million quid plus his wages whatever the size for no particular reason is going to struggle.  Tbf though this is probably why they do struggle and why they won't ever be the force they once where.  They don';t have the right people in place anymore.

I guess we'll find out soon.

Man United are certainly a mess and I think are more likely to hold onto him in some kind of dumb effort to hold us to ransom, and we'll end up going for someone else.

Lingard needs to force a move out, but just can't see it. He's not going to kick up a stink, take a hit on whatever he has left on his contract/loyalty bonus just for 6 months of football in a relegation battle. He's been happy enough to sit on his arse for the season so far instead of forcing a move out to actually play - guaranteed a deal involving all parties could have been fixed in the summer to see him move to West Ham. Lingard clearly wanted it, but wanted his money far more. 

£50M is taking the piss, and all parties must realise that. He was never a £50M player in years ago when he was playing, or even in the summer of the back of his hot streak in the capital, and he wouldn't be a £50M player if he was contracted for years to come. 

Man United know the market well enough to realise no fucker is going to pay £50M on a player that can't get a game, and has 6 months on a contract - they know he's going to cost them a few million in his remaining contract and loyalty bonus come end of June. 

Come deadline day, it will come down to whether Lingard wants to take a slice on the money he'll earn doing fuck all for next few months. 

Edited by Clockwork Cheese

If Lingard moves permanently now, there'll be a fee involved. Not £50m obviously, but a fee which will mean he'll get less wages with his new club.

Given that he'll be free in 6 months, he might as well sit tight and just accept a loan if need be so that when he's free in 6 months he can negotiate a better contract with his new club because they'll be getting him for nothing.

It's hard to criticise him really.

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know what they’re trying to say. We’re getting (in their opinion) a £50m player if he was under a contract for £15m. Doesn’t work like that though. :lol:

Call their bluff. He’ll be away on deadline day when they realise they’ll actually get nowt and it’ll be closer to £4-5m I bet.

Man U's position is weak and they are taking the piss. There is a real prospect of him downing tools, collecting his wages, and walking in the summer.

Go back on transfer day and offer a deal with a bonus if he scores say 6 goals. After goal number 5, we stop playing him unless totally desperate.

The idea of paying Man U because Trippier, Wood, ASM, Bruno (I hope), better organization, etc. has kept us up is ridiculous. We're already improving without Lingard.

11 hours ago, HTT II said:

@Froggywhat do think will happen here? Not just specifically in regards to him joining NUFC or not, but leaving this window?

You're in a poor position, you're desperate, you're rich and you want our player. I would be very surprised if he doesn't leave.

It looks like Van de Beek will be off on loan so if you don't pay close to what we want I would imagine we'll be happy to keep Lingard as back up. 

14 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You're in a poor position, you're desperate, you're rich and you want our player. I would be very surprised if he doesn't leave.

It looks like Van de Beek will be off on loan so if you don't pay close to what we want I would imagine we'll be happy to keep Lingard as back up. 

Serves ourselves right for charging you £50 million for Longstaff.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Serves ourselves right for charging you £50 million for Longstaff.

The Longstaff interest was never serious, but aye, that won't have helped. :lol:

Would struggle to get £10m for Longstaff now.

Just now, wyn davies said:

BBC reckons Man U wanted £1,000,000 week for him and package total worth £12,000,000 to hell with tat, if they are prepared to allow him to lie in his deckchair then let them get on with it 

If that's the case then Lingard is going to have to hit the ground running in August to get anywhere near the England squad for the world Cup, in fact if he doesn't play between now and then he might have missed his last chance to go to a world cup, no wonder he wants to leave Nan Utd.

No faith in him that he really wants to be playing football tbh... 

His situation with Man United won't be anything new to him, would have been made clear what it was going to cost him in the summer to get a move out - whether forgoing a chunk of his final year contract, or kicking up a stink and transfer requesting. 

In a summer where Ronaldo and Sancho are signed, where you're about 6th choice off the bench as is, it was bloody obvious your never playing. If he wanted his move to West Ham badly enough he would have put in transfer request and forced a move out, would have cost him his end.

End of the day, Man United aren't going to stand in the way of a 29year that's nowhere near starting XI leaving the club. Opportunity would have been there for him to leave in the summer to West Ham, and probably had offers elsewhere too. Lingard needs to force his way out, but I think he'd prefer to just collect his money and expect a club like us to match his wages to get him out.

Edited by Clockwork Cheese