Jesse Lingard

If I was a Man U fan, I would be praying that we get relegated. If this window is anything to go by, if we stay up, the summer window will be something to behold and we will be breathing down their necks soon enough and they know it!

I'd much prefer it if they were honest and came out and said "we're not dealing with Newcastle under any circumstances". At least you could see where they were coming from but to propose a deal so backward and ridiculous that's never going to be made makes them look and sound like utter cunts. Then again that cap fits quite nicely tbh. 

Considering Watford spent 27 mill on him and he still has 2 years left to run I'd say probably a fair bit more than 15 mill.

I think we're all just so used to Ashley that we're completely out of the loop in terms of the market. Daft fees and insane loan fees are the norm now.

Edited by ponsaelius

I know what they’re trying to say. We’re getting (in their opinion) a £50m player if he was under a contract for £15m. Doesn’t work like that though. :lol:

Call their bluff. He’ll be away on deadline day when they realise they’ll actually get nowt and it’ll be closer to £4-5m I bet.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

He isn’t worth £50m even if he is under contract, surely? 

I mean, I think he’d improve us and he was quality at West Ham. But his career numbers and his age hardly scream £50m player. 

Well yeah there’s that too: they’ve overvalued him by at least £10-15m.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Still maintain best solution will be we pay 12 million permanently and give him a release clause 

Lingard doesn't want that though.

If he moves without a fee in a few months (even if it is to ultimately join us after a loan for now) he gets a massive signing bonus.

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know what they’re trying to say. We’re getting (in their opinion) a £50m player if he was under a contract for £15m. Doesn’t work like that though. :lol:

Call their bluff. He’ll be away on deadline day when they realise they’ll actually get nowt and it’ll be closer to £4-5m I bet.

This. Just watching The Transfer Show on SSN and they're saying it isn't on as it stands as fell down on financials. Low loan fee initially but loan fee would have been bumped up to £9m-10m. Man Utd pushing it even further. Not completely dead in the water but still a long way apart.

Just now, KaKa said:

Lingard doesn't want that though.

If he moves without a fee in a few months time he gets a massive signing bonus.

yep and he'll have plenty of takers then so why tie yourself down, what I don't get is man utd costing themselves his wages for 5 months and missing out on a reasonable loan fee so get nothing. Now maybe they don't want to do business with us full stop, fair enough but what about other teams surely there must be more takers for him based on his west ham form last season

15 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

yep and he'll have plenty of takers then so why tie yourself down, what I don't get is man utd costing themselves his wages for 5 months and missing out on a reasonable loan fee so get nothing. Now maybe they don't want to do business with us full stop, fair enough but what about other teams surely there must be more takers for him based on his west ham form last season

For Man United the fee will be small change, and so unless they can fleece someone for a significant chunk of money, they won't bother letting him go in Jan.

I think we are the only team even willing to give them anything for him in Jan, since we need him right now due to our situation. Everyone else that likes him is just sitting back waiting to get him on a free in the summer.

Edited by KaKa