Jesse Lingard

10 minutes ago, Jawdaw said:

Yes but he walks in June for Zero 🤪

He was walking for zero in June anyway. 

There's nothing dicky about saying that he's not very good, because he isn't. Or that he is a billion miles away from our team because he is. Don't understand the issue. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

There's nothing dicky about saying that he's not very good, because he isn't. Or that he is a billion miles away from our team because he is. Don't understand the issue. :lol:

So what do you make of his form for West Ham last year? 

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'd point you to his post history to give a better indication of which it is.....

You mean 2nd best non-Toon poster 2013 Froggy's post history? Nothing but absolute gold in there son.

Just now, DJ_NUFC said:

So what do you make of his form for West Ham last year? 

His first handful of games? Brilliant little purple patch. He played absolutely shit after that, and West Ham missed out on the CL because of shit results against Everton and somebody else in the lower half of the table who I can't remember. He started with like 9 goals and 5 assists in his first 10/11 games and I don't think he got anything in his final 6 when the going got tough. 

His West Ham spell is the only reason there's a chance of us getting money for him right now. I promise you, he isn't a good player.

His first handful of games? Brilliant little purple patch. He played absolutely shit after that, and West Ham missed out on the CL because of shit results against Everton and somebody else in the lower half of the table who I can't remember. He started with like 9 goals and 5 assists in his first 10/11 games and I don't think he got anything in his final 6 when the going got tough. 

His West Ham spell is the only reason there's a chance of us getting money for him right now. I promise you, he isn't a good player.

We only need him for a little purple patch. 

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Yes but you could get some return on him if you weren’t asking for silly money. Just seems a bit strange to turn your back on a few million. 

Just now, STM said:

Froggy, we are shite mate. Lingard is a massive upgrade on what we have.

Possibly, but when you're able to sign players like Bruno Guimaraes I'd just steer clear from him to be honest. 

Like I said, if you give us money for him I'll be delighted.

As Disco pointed out, he’s better than Fraser and Murphy and thus an upgrade for us. 

A six month loan is no brainer for us at a reasonable price. 

Just now, Jawdaw said:

Yes but you could get some return on him if you weren’t asking for silly money. Just seems a bit strange to turn your back on a few million. 

That's all posturing. I think we all know that £12m fee will be halved or even more in a few days. To get any sort of relegation clause at all would be a bonus.

For the right fee, he is a decent addition for the next 5 months. Otherwise, not too fussed if he doesn't come. Have a feeling that we will see a surprise wide forward name in the next four days.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Funny how he's apparently gone from not wanting to join to now angry as fuck for being blocked. 

He's in Dubai jogging around with his best mate Rashford. He's happy as Larry. 

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

Not really fussed whether we get him or not. He would definitely be useful for the next 4 months, but not crtical for survival imo if we get Bruno and a CB in before the window shuts. There's younger and better players we can bring in for next season.

Nah man. Someone like Lingard is far more important than another CB. 

This kind of thought process is so wild me to me. Like we all watch football right?! Midfield dictates everything, including how the opposition deals (or doesn’t) with your defense. CB is not nearly as important as a better midfield. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Wouldn’t give them any form of survival bonus tbh. I understand the perceived logic from Manchester but na, they can fuck off. 

Wages paid in full, £2m loan fee, £4m survival fee.

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Nah man. Someone like Lingard is far more important than another CB. 

This I don't agree with.

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Midfield dictates everything, including how the opposition deals (or doesn’t) with your defense. CB is not nearly as important as a better midfield. 

This I agree with.

Maybe I haven't watched enough of him, but Lingard doesn't strike me as a player that dictates a match. In his first 10 matches for West Ham he scored 9 and assisted 4 goals. He managed 0 goals & 1 assist in remaining 6 matches which is more in line with the rest of his career so it's safe to assume it is more likely a purple patch like Willock rather than being a player teams have to take special precautions against.

We seem to be getting a proper CM that we've been screaming out for in Bruno. If we get him, I think our next priority should be a CB considering the amount of goals we let in.

Just now, Conjo said:

Maybe I haven't watched enough of him, but Lingard doesn't strike me as a player that dictates a match. In his first 10 matches for West Ham he scored 9 and assisted 4 goals. He managed 0 goals & 1 assist in remaining 6 matches which is more in line with the rest of his career so it's safe to assume it is more likely a purple patch like Willock rather than being a player teams have to take special precautions against.

:thup: