Jesse Lingard

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bruno-guimaraes-newcastle-set-to-conclude-33m-deal-for-brazilian-midfielder-0l7rtgfg3

Newcastle officials have also not given up on negotiating a loan deal to sign Jesse Lingard for the rest of the season and plan to open new talks.

Manchester United had drawn criticism when it was revealed they had asked for a £12 million bonus fee to be part of any loan switch for the 29-year-old if Newcastle avoided relegation. That fee is now believed to be negotiable, opening up the possibility of a fourth signing arriving at St James’ Park in January after Kieran Trippier, Chris Wood and potentially Guimarães.

Maybe one for deadline day like some have said 

Can see Lingard deal going to deadline day. 

Man United are in a bad position to be negotiating from. Lingard's probably about 7 or 8 choice attacking player with 6 months left on a deal, and wants out...

If MU don't sort a deal for him to leave, instead of getting money into the club, he's just going to cost them by seeing out his contract and bonuses.  

He's said to be n 75k a week.

If he stays he's going to cost them £1.5m in wages plus bonuses if he plays and a loyalty bonus when he goes. I also wouldn't rule out the bad optics if he stays and doesn't kick a ball. I think this might get to January 31 and they'll panic.

I can't picture a teamsheet without Shelvey's name in it as Howe has made it clear from the word go that he's a crucial part of his setup. 

However, given how well Joelinton has come on, it doesn't feel that mad to suggest the he and Bruno could function as the double-pivot in a 4-2-3-1, with Lingard off Wood and ASM/Fraser either side. 

Lingard, if he were to sign (which, like a few others, I can see happening late in the day) could turn up on the right like folks have suggested but it doesn't seem like a natural position. I do wonder - given who and what we've been linked with - if Howe is ultimately aiming for three CBs and wing-backs. At the World Cup Southgate played something like a 3-1-4-2, which we could just about replicate (including with two of the same actual players from the team!) if we were to get the other defensive additions he's been after. 

Walker    Stones    Maguire

Henderson

Trippier                                          Young

Lingard               Alli

Sterling                     Kane

Carlos     Lascelles     Botman

Bruno

Trippier                                               Bakker

Lingard           Joelinton

Wood           Saint-Maximin 

27 minutes ago, Thiago said:

He's said to be n 75k a week.

If he stays he's going to cost them £1.5m in wages plus bonuses if he plays and a loyalty bonus when he goes. I also wouldn't rule out the bad optics if he stays and doesn't kick a ball. I think this might get to January 31 and they'll panic.

Always thought he was on much more than 75k, had in my mind it was something like £150K. 

If he doesn't kick up a fuss and get a move out, I'd seriously question his mentality and wouldn't be too bothered that we ultimately missed out. Should have done so in the summer really. The coming few days will define him his true mentality for me. Always thought him as a total plonker of the pitch, but if he's content to just collect his money for 6 months instead of forcing out then fuck him.

Barely played for them in 19/20, was loaned out in 20/21, stays despite MU signing Ronaldo and Sancho ahead of him. He had good momentum, and was playing best football of his career on back of West Ham and has undone all that by not playing for 6months. 

Edited by Xa9as

Not really fussed whether we get him or not. He would definitely be useful for the next 4 months, but not crtical for survival imo if we get Bruno and a CB in before the window shuts. There's younger and better players we can bring in for next season.

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Not really fussed whether we get him or not. He would definitely be useful for the next 4 months, but not crtical for survival imo if we get Bruno and a CB in before the window shuts. There's younger and better players we can bring in for next season.

I agree with what you say.....and I think it fucking great that we have that opinion.....it shows how far we have come in a very short time :indi:

He’d be a huge add given we’re categorically shite.

Not to say it hasn’t been funny as fuck to see the Irish Reds, Guildford Ultras and sadly actual journalists celebrating him not getting a move to a club who is verboten

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Honestly, this is a big early win for me as a fan. 

You're right, if we get him or not feels somewhat incnosequential, and the reason for that is because we know the club is almost certainly working on other deals and targets to make the team stronger. Typically we'd have heard about this deal on deadline day with hours to go and watched it fall apart with not even a whiff of a second choice lined up. 

3 hours ago, Disco said:

He’d be a huge add given we’re categorically shite.

Not to say it hasn’t been funny as fuck to see the Irish Reds, Guildford Ultras and sadly actual journalists celebrating him not getting a move to a club who is verboten

Have you genuinely seen this? The only thing fans are happy about is the club not bending over and being shafted on deals any more. We can easily shift Lingard at any moment, so why would we make it easy when the club with the richest owners come looking for him?

Saying that, it's also important to remember that he's rubbish and a billion miles away from our team. There might be some jostling on social media, but everyone wants him to move on. The fact we're going to get any money for him is a bonus. 

42 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Have you genuinely seen this? The only thing fans are happy about is the club not bending over and being shafted on deals any more. We can easily shift Lingard at any moment, so why would we make it easy when the club with the richest owners come looking for him?

Saying that, it's also important to remember that he's rubbish and a billion miles away from our team. There might be some jostling on social media, but everyone wants him to move on. The fact we're going to get any money for him is a bonus. 

[emoji38]

44 minutes ago, Froggy said:

:lol: Rattled.

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Honestly, what is there to be rattled about? :lol: It's a win/win situation for us, and I've spoken nothing but the truth. 

You tell me. You’re either rattled or just being a dick. Maybe a bit of both.