Jesse Lingard

15 minutes ago, ToonAbroad said:

Just caught that too. Is he really the best 'expert' they could have got on transfer matters? :lol:

They just sympathise cause he's an alcoholic and gambling addict if he didn't have a platform for him to give his meaningless opinions on he'd be dead let's face it

Merson is so anti-NUFC its unreal. Struggling to compliment our january business, and it'll only be "WOW" if we sign Lingard.

"They've had a go, thats all I can say" when asked about our business, despite spending roughly £100m and close to signing 5 players (so far).

Also said earlier he worried about foreign players coming into a relegation battle with us, as they wont know the league. Then followed it up praising Burnley for their signing of Wout Weghorst, saying he thinks he'll do well.

:uglystupid2:

Edited by TK-421

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I've wanted this to go through since the window opened. Honestly probably overrating him at this point, but I think this would assure safety along with the other signings.

I think this signing keeps us up. Which is also why I think it won't happen, still don't trust Man U to hold up their side of it.

59 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I doubt Man United will loan to West Ham.

West Ham's league position isn't a factor. 

They're as much a rival this year as they were last year when we loaned Lingard to them.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Sets a precedent. I read the other day that Howe and the owners have set out a policy of no relegation clauses to weed out people who aren't really into the project.

Fair enough. I guess a loan with an option to purchase is about as best as we can get so long as the option to buy is agreed and both parties have to agree (ie both we and he want to sign the option)

Edited by OverThere

Just now, OverThere said:

Fair enough. I guess a loan with an option to purchase is about as best as we can get so long as the option to buy is agreed and both parties have to agree (ie both we and he want to sign the option)

We couldn’t get an option to purchase, as he’s a free agent as soon as the loan is up? Lingaard (and his agent, presumably) wants a loan move now as come the summer, more teams will want him, and he’ll get a hefty bonus for signing as a free agent. Which will probably be the last big pay day he’ll get. 

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

Coz he wants big pay day as a free agent 

I can only see us or Wet Spam being the final destination even as a free agent. We could give him that now and save the dickering about. He is a good player, much better than anything we have and should be ok for a 3 year stint.

21 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Why dont we just buy Lingard and insert a relegation clause?

It's not a pay day as some have said, otherwise we can just offer him the money. It's lifestyle, he likes clubs etc and London suits him more than Newcastle. He's only giving us a chance because Kieran Trippier convinced him.

His plans are simple, 6 months at Newcastle and then decide if he likes it here or would prefer London or somewhere else. If he signed and we stay up, he could be unhappy off the field and that's why he didn't want to sign until he sees what Newcastle is like.

5 minutes ago, Phoenix711 said:

It's not a pay day as some have said, otherwise we can just offer him the money. It's lifestyle, he likes clubs etc and London suits him more than Newcastle. He's only giving us a chance because Kieran Trippier convinced him.

His plans are simple, 6 months at Newcastle and then decide if he likes it here or would prefer London or somewhere else. If he signed and we stay up, he could be unhappy off the field and that's why he didn't want to sign until he sees what Newcastle is like.

But we can’t just ‘offer him the money’ because he’s not currently a free agent? We have to deal with Man Utd in terms of his wages and a loan fee? I don’t understand this?