Jesse Lingard

13 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Whats he on wage wise at Ulster Unionist Utd like? He surely cant demanding the same when he moves, hes hardly played.

If he'd want Bruno levels he can do one.

Currently on £100kpw apparently. Presumably he’d be wanting well in excess of that given he’s on a free and this would potentially be his last big move. 

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

Would come in and be our first choice starting RW instantly filling a big part of our squad for no fee, a big win not having to shell out £30/40m for an expensive position and still securing a quality player. As long as he takes a pay cut and is happy with somewhere around 100k pw I think it makes sense for both parties, has a point to prove at the stage/age of his career.. just hope he drops the cringe J Lingz/dancing/L sign celebration.

Hes PL proven. Not every player we sign will be a young up and comer that needs to moulded into a PL player over multiple season, a balance is always good in that sense.

I'd rather just buy a natural winger, than shoehorn a limited attacking midfielder into the position, as per Almiron.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'd rather just buy a natural winger, than shoehorn a limited attacking midfielder into the position, as per Almiron.

He’s as much of a winger as he is an AM imo, he played most of his games at West Ham at RW.

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

He’s as much of a winger as he is an AM imo, he played most of his games at West Ham at RW.

“The majority of his minutes to date have come from a central attacking midfielder role, but the majority of his touches and distribution have been down the left flank with the movements of a modern, inverted winger.”

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/12273193/jesse-lingard-in-scintillating-form-at-west-ham-after-loan-from-man-utd

Just now, Manxst said:

“The majority of his minutes to date have come from a central attacking midfielder role, but the majority of his touches and distribution have been down the left flank with the movements of a modern, inverted winger.”

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/12273193/jesse-lingard-in-scintillating-form-at-west-ham-after-loan-from-man-utd

The stats I looked at lied, I stand corrected. Still likes to drift wide a lot albeit into the left, Saint Max wouldn’t like this

Just now, AJ9 said:

Salah and KDB were big six cast offs…think that turned out alright for the teams that ended up with them.

In their mid 20’s, yes. Not coming to 30

on their last payday. 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Heat map indicates he’d be very comfy inverted at LW

On his day, I’d say he’d be able to do a job for us….but his day over the past 10

years has only really come in a very limited period for West Ham, and I think he’d be declining for us as a speedy attacking player for the next four years or so on an inflated wage (potentially our highest earner). There are better younger players who I’d prefer. If we NEED to buy players on a free contract, and use cash to purchase others, then fine, but I’d personally be a little disappointed.

12 minutes ago, Nine said:

I also think there's a very good chance we'll mostly operate in a 3-5-2 next season.

Don't remember seeing us linked to many real wide attacking players, seems to be mostly strikers and players who can play just off and do more damage centrally.

I don't get why the 5 at the back is pushed so hard on here. Eddie has only used it when he's been down 3 midfielders yet every week someone's convinced its what he wants to use. Its time as the in formation is over. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

On his day, I’d say he’d be able to do a job for us….but his day over the past 10

years has only really come in a very limited period for West Ham, and I think he’d be declining for us as a speedy attacking player for the next four years or so on an inflated wage (potentially our highest earner). There are better younger players who I’d prefer. If we NEED to buy players on a free contract, and use cash to purchase others, then fine, but I’d personally be a little disappointed.

Yeah, this is kind of where I’m coming from. I know a few here disagree with me on the amount we’ll see spent on fees/wages this summer and in an ideal world we’d all like to see us bring in young, hungry players suited for the PL all over our squad and for sure we will see that, but balanced out with sensible deals from within the PL on top. Think what we saw in Jan - Bruno and Burn/Targett. 

I wouldn’t be upset if we saw him brought in on a 3 year deal for acceptable money. 

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Don’t think we’re quite at the stage yet where we can turn our noses up at Lingard on a free tbh. Decent player and versatile too.

This. 100%.

Will have to be reiterated numerous times over the summer I think.

4 minutes ago, Shak said:

I also think there's a very good chance we'll mostly operate in a 3-5-2 next season.

Don't remember seeing us linked to many real wide attacking players, seems to be mostly strikers and players who can play just off and do more damage centrally.

Bare in mind I was wrong about RW lol, he actually drifted to the left a lot.. starting a few games at LW. But yes, possible.

Wouldn't touch Lingard now, felt he was a January signing or never.

He's 30 this year and on a free he'd be after daft wages. Also, let's be honest he's had about 1 year of decent football in 10 years or so.

Also, lots if rumours that he's been leaking stuff from the Man-U squad, if true then from a character point of view he's not one you would want.

Also, he had the opportunity to join us but again if reports are to be believed then he only wanted to come on loan. Which he was more than entitled to do so but give me someone like Bruno who had the courage and confidence to make the move.

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

Carasco, Dembele, Jesus, Barbosa, Martial, Bergwijn, Diaby, Johnson….we’ve been linked with plenty of ‘wide’ players. 

33 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He didn't turn us down, he wanted to join

If the reports are true he wanted to join on loan but not on a permanent deal, whilst Man-U were willing to sell him on a permanent or even loan with a ludicrous staying up bonus

We rightly walked away from the deal but the fact is he didn't badly want to join us, which is fair enough but I think he wanted to see his contract out so he could then command much higher wages