Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

39 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

He was just happy to get away from some of our idiot fans.

Worrying.

Why you refer to follow fans as idiots? No one wants him out, but lately he is not playing like he used to be, probably because other teams treat him as our most important player and he should play further up the pitch. In gootball balance is more important than “names”

1 hour ago, Shearerlegend said:

Why you refer to follow fans as idiots? No one wants him out, but lately he is not playing like he used to be, probably because other teams treat him as our most important player and he should play further up the pitch. In gootball balance is more important than “names”

Some of our fans are idiots though

Some of the shite I've heard about our players and even Howe has been absurd, not just talking about twitter, it's in person too 

Bruno is right, some definitely have short memories 

2 hours ago, Shearerlegend said:

I know this wasn't directed at me and I'm not suggesting anyone is an idiot, but we've had posts suggesting he's not quality, should be dropped or sold for the right price. Bare in mind we couldn't win a game without him in the team around seven months back.

A majority would probably agree he hasn't been at his very best this season though. 

433/4231 - I don't think it really matters. We just need to get him the right support and into positions he does most damage in.

Howe has been pushing him up more this season, almost flipping to him playing AM at times. We did it a bit last campaign but in the last 3 he's effectively been man marking the deepest mid for the press, presumably because he's our most efficient ball winner in midfield. Just hasn't transpired into the desired result yet and the defensive shape of other mids has been very patchy. Along with hesitancy for the back line to push up as well against Brighton.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I know this wasn't directed at me and I'm not suggesting anyone is an idiot, but we've had posts suggesting he's not quality, should be dropped or sold for the right price. Bare in mind we couldn't win a game without him in the team around seven months back.

A majority would probably agree he hasn't been at his very best this season though. 

It is all about opinions, i am pretty sure 99% of fans believe he is our best player(+isak). This is the thing- we have owners with unlimited money but we cannot spend due to ffp. If we keep buy every year for 100m while the other top 5-6 buy for 200m+ (and they already have better and deeper squads) we will never make this jump, i think we must sell every summer “a purple”, it is just me looking at the bigger picture. But as i said it is hard to accept because we have an emotional connection to our players now. My English is pretty poor so i hope you understand what i am trying to say..

6 minutes ago, Shearerlegend said:

It is all about opinions, i am pretty sure 99% of fans believe he is our best player(+isak). This is the thing- we have owners with unlimited money but we cannot spend due to ffp. If we keep buy every year for 100m while the other top 5-6 buy for 200m+ (and they already have better and deeper squads) we will never make this jump, i think we must sell every summer “a purple”, it is just me looking at the bigger picture. But as i said it is hard to accept because we have an emotional connection to our players now. My English is pretty poor so i hope you understand what i am trying to say..

:thup:

I get you, but it's knowing when to sell. We're too early into building our squad to be considering selling key players, particularly ones we'd struggle to replace for a decent price.

4 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Was he playing further forward than he has recently for us?

No and yes. He was a devensive pivot with Casemiro, sitting behind the front four, but Brazil were totally dominant so the whole team was forward at times. 

Edited by Dr. TC

7 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Big Joe probably still isn’t full fit given how he’s looked for us. Glad Bruno played well though. Was casemiro just sitting deep?

At first yes, but to break them down Casemiro was doing more a box to box role. Basically Casemiro started the buildup play with central defenders and then ran the whole way up the pitch letting unathletic and slow as fuck Bruno dictate play in the last third of the pitch only. :aww:

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

For the right price we should sell anyone imo. £100m is still alot of money.

Technically you are right that we didnt win without Bruno last season. But the two losses were against Liverpool were we played very good tbh, and the rest were draws. Doesnt help that we didnt have anyone capable of replacing him in that position either.

Its not that i want to sell any of our starting players, but until we get our commercial revenue going its not a dumb idea if we get a very good offer.

14 minutes ago, Displayname said:

For the right price we should sell anyone imo. £100m is still alot of money.

Technically you are right that we didnt win without Bruno last season. But the two losses were against Liverpool were we played very good tbh, and the rest were draws. Doesnt help that we didnt have anyone capable of replacing him in that position either.

Its not that i want to sell any of our starting players, but until we get our commercial revenue going its not a dumb idea if we get a very good offer.

For me his skill set is quite unique and we're going to struggle to replace him, unless we alter our style of play. Even then a quality replacement won't come cheap, the starting price for a decent  seems to be £50 million plus.

I appreciate trading will become part of our business model, but now is absolutely not the right time to be flogging any key players, particularly Bruno.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

For me his skill set is quite unique and we're going to struggle to replace him, unless we alter our style of play. Even then a quality replacement won't come cheap, the starting price for a decent  seems to be £50 million plus.

I appreciate trading will become part of our business model, but now is absolutely not the right time to be flogging any key players, particularly Bruno.

I think it will be less important in the years ahead when we get our commercial revenue going, now is when we need it the most.

We probably wouldnt be able to replace him directly (atleast not the player he is in form), but we could also use to money to replace other positions that are in dire need. 

Also not that sure that he is perfectly suited for our style of play in the position he plays now.