Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

8 hours ago, Joe1984 said:

Should have been sent off today. Lucky. Again. It won't last forever. Sort ya head out Bruno!

Sort ya head out

What the fuck ya on about? Fucking shite pass from tonali putting him under pressure.

6 hours ago, Mike said:

@Alan Pardew What's all this then, after all the image rehab on here? Howay, King.

I’m just saying the clubs could activate the clause not that he would actually want to go. I believe he loves it at SJP. I can imagine him as young lad on the streets of Brazil. Playing and training hard. Then watching the telly. The Newcastle games are on. Manchester United beaten 3-0. Chelsea beaten 2-0. Stoke crushed 5-1. He saw the magic. Probably what spurred him on at a young age. The King doesn’t miss. You are welcome lads. 

He's a ticking timebomb on the red card & suspension front.

I hope he sorts it out over his career. But I'm not holding my breath. He's rash and emotional as a player. Those elements will always be there, but he needs to manage them better.

He's done good not to develop a reputation. That's his saving grace so far. Like his compatriots Fernandinho & the lad that recently left Liverpool - he probably should've been sent off more in his PL career than he has. Nice lad rep has saved him.

I love his emotion, it’s what feeds him. Think we just have to accept it’s a part of his game and to get the fire that comes out in a positive way, we have to accept that sometimes he’ll lose his head. Hard to accept given it will cost us at times but you have to make allowances for players of his quality that have his character 

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I hope he sorts it out over his career. But I'm not holding my breath. He's rash and emotional as a player. Those elements will always be there, but he needs to manage them better.

He's done good not to develop a reputation. That's his saving grace so far. Like his compatriots Fernandinho & the lad that recently left Liverpool - he probably should've been sent off more in his PL career than he has. Nice lad rep has saved him.

Definitely. Applies to a few of our other players as well, like Joelinton and Burn. They, or someone, must be doing something right as it can't just be luck at this stage. It's weird actually, I don't remember ever having this experience of our players having a protective halo around them like Liverpool and Man United traditionally have.

We’ve had a history of having brainless players like Shelvey that have little charm. Think all of Shelvey’s reds that I can remember were justified though even though he had a shit reputation, probably just meant he picked up more yellows that weren’t yellows. Nowadays, both Bruno and Gordon walk a tightrope almost every game

9 hours ago, jack j said:

Sort ya head out

What the fuck ya on about? Fucking shite pass from tonali putting him under pressure.

Wild take when it's his own undoing 

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I love his emotion, it’s what feeds him. Think we just have to accept it’s a part of his game and to get the fire that comes out in a positive way, we have to accept that sometimes he’ll lose his head. Hard to accept given it will cost us at times but you have to make allowances for players of his quality that have his character 

This ?

5 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

My friend who is an Arsenal fan warned me about Bruno after that Southampton red card, and told me about how much Xhaka has cost them. I ridiculed him, and told him that it was Brunos first red in his career, and he didn't even do it on purpose. I found the comparison ridiculous. He gave up the discussion because I was really defensive about it. I still think it is a bad comparison, but I'm also starting to realise that he was probably just observing how emotional Bruno is, and not just that incident in particular. PSG game could've been a whole different story with a different ref, and people would've cared 10 times more about what he did if he was actually sent off vs PSG, and we lost a 2-0 lead because of it. Completely unnecessary. It's easy to downplay it when it hasn't really cost us yet. 

Edited by Erikse

6 minutes ago, Erikse said:

My friend who is an Arsenal fan warned me about Bruno after that Southampton red card, and told me about how much Xhaka has cost them. I ridiculed him, and told him that it was Brunos first red in his career, and he didn't even do it on purpose. I found the comparison ridiculous. He gave up the discussion because I was really defensive about it. I still think it is a bad comparison, but I'm also starting to realise that he was probably just observing how emotional Bruno is, and not just that incident in particular. PSG game could've been a whole different story with a different ref, and people would've cared 10 times more about what he did if he was actually sent off vs PSG, and we lost a 2-0 lead because of it. Completely unnecessary. It's easy to downplay it when it hasn't really cost us yet. 

Aye. And unless he changes something dramatically, it will inevitably cost us massively at some point. We were winless through his suspension right? We got off lightly with that.

The difference between Bruno and Xhaka regarding rashness and bad tackles is their reputation. Both are emotional and guilty of bad/late tackles. 

He's looking a multi-red + yellow card suspension player which is pretty bad. He'll get 1 game suspension soon and will do well to avoid a 2-game suspension at some point. Also 1 YC away from a CL suspension too right?

6 hours ago, Alan Pardew said:

I’m just saying the clubs could activate the clause not that he would actually want to go. I believe he loves it at SJP. I can imagine him as young lad on the streets of Brazil. Playing and training hard. Then watching the telly. The Newcastle games are on. Manchester United beaten 3-0. Chelsea beaten 2-0. Stoke crushed 5-1. He saw the magic. Probably what spurred him on at a young age. The King doesn’t miss. You are welcome lads. 

:lol: Every post is another George Bush watercolor. Fair play, King.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye. And unless he changes something dramatically, it will inevitably cost us massively at some point. We were winless through his suspension right? We got off lightly with that.

The difference between Bruno and Xhaka regarding rashness and bad tackles is their reputation. Both are emotional and guilty of bad/late tackles. 

He's looking a multi-red + yellow card suspension player which is pretty bad. He'll get 1 game suspension soon and will do well to avoid a 2-game suspension at some point. Also 1 YC away from a CL suspension too right?

Fortunately he only has 1 yet in the Champions League. Yeah, I think what bothered me the most about the PSG incident was that he did it in what was our first home game in the Champions League for 20 years at 2-0 up vs PSG, when it was one of the few ways that we could actually throw it away (judging by how PSG wasn't really hurting us that much). It could've ultimately cost us advancement from the group of death, especially considering the suspension on top of it. The occasion was massive, and the timing for something like that could not be much worse. All because Ugarte barely bumped into him. Maybe a red would be soft, we didn't get a great replay. But it's a massive risk to take for no particular reason.

Edited by Erikse

6 minutes ago, wormy said:

Him and Big Jow feels like Tiote and Cabaye on 'roids. :lol:

:lol: I say this a lot but Tiote in this squad would have been fucking extinction level. Tiote under Howe? Tiote?! Motherfucker, man.

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: I say this a lot but Tiote in this squad would have been fucking extinction level. Tiote under Howe? Tiote?! Motherfucker, man.

Loved Tiote me. He got a lot of criticism for trying to be too much of a footballer instead of just winning it and giving the simple pass, but Pardew didn't exactly encourage passing football.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Loved Tiote me. He got a lot of criticism for trying to be too much of a footballer instead of just winning it and giving the simple pass, but Pardew didn't exactly encourage passing football.

I may be misremembering but wasn't a lot of that on Pardew? I swear I recall him trying to make him a bit of a jack of all rather than leaving him to what he did best.