Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Not when they are representing Newcastle in a cup game.  We could of been eliminated from the competition because of his showboating.  You are only saying this because we went through to the next round due to Nick Pope.  If we were beaten tonight then this thread would be volatile, I can guarantee it.

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise are they?

Giving himself the massive run up then the exaggerated lateral movement to change the angle then the ridiculously overplayed stutter then putting it over the bar from the second it left his boot, you couldn't make it more absurd if you tried.

I thought it was funny at the time and I think it's very funny now it doesnt matter, it is possible to find humour in undesirable situations (speaking from considerable personal experience).

12 minutes ago, Rod said:

It WASN'T funny in the least.  Why are people saying it was hilarious?  It was shite.  He tried to take the piss and failed miserably.

I’d still love him even if we had gone out because of it 

9 minutes ago, Rod said:

Not when they are representing Newcastle in a cup game.  We could of been eliminated from the competition because of his showboating.  You are only saying this because we went through to the next round due to Nick Pope.  If we were beaten tonight then this thread would be volatile, I can guarantee it.

To think he’d call you Hod too. Infuriating for you. 

Just now, Dandy Man said:

Giving himself the massive run up then the exaggerated lateral movement to change the angle then the ridiculously overplayed stutter then putting it over the bar from the second it left his boot, you couldn't make it more absurd if you tried.

I thought it was funny at the time and I think it's very funny now it doesnt matter, it is possible to find humour in undesirable situations (speaking from considerable personal experience).

This is my point.  People belatedly saying "oh that was funny wasn't it".  But in reality, if we had been knocked out of the cup because of his stupidity then the same people would have been spitting feathers.  Is it me or what?  Are you not annoyed at his penalty miss?  I'm still fuming and amazed at fellow fan's shrug of the shoulders just because it's our loveable, gifted, adorable Bruno.

6 minutes ago, Dandy Man said:

I was there tonight. I wasn't laughing at the time amongst all the tension around me, nor was anyone else.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

This is my point.  People belatedly saying "oh that was funny wasn't it".  But in reality, if we had been knocked out of the cup because of his stupidity then the same people would have been spitting feathers.  Is it me or what?  Are you not annoyed at his penalty miss?  I'm still fuming and amazed at fellow fan's shrug of the shoulders just because it's our loveable, gifted, adorable Bruno.

We weren't. So there's that.

Who cares man, we’re through, it didn’t matter, he won’t do it again. And he’s still utter class on and off the pitch, a superstar who totally gets the club. One shit penalty wouldn’t undo all of that even if we had gone out. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Totally understandable if you don't find it funny and didn't at the time. You don't get to decide whether it was funny for other people though :lol:

Ffs.  I know our love of Bruno is beyond reproach but ..... I give up.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

What's that supposed to imply?  I'm expressing an opinion.  Problem with that?

:lol: nothing more than some low quality lusophone pronunciation chat Hod. Settle down ffs you’ll do yourself a mischief. 

1 minute ago, Disco said:

:lol: nothing more than some low quality lusophone pronunciation chat Hod. Settle down ffs you’ll do yourself a mischief. 

What's with the Hod, Pisco?  Show a little respect.