Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The best way to take a penalty cannot be calculated like, it will completely depend on the player.

I think it probably can BUT the perfect penalty won't necessarily be the best penalty for a specific player to take.

I'm not sure I'd fancy Pope to slam it into the bottom of an inside post at 10-10 in the world cup final...

1 hour ago, 80 said:

I think it probably can BUT the perfect penalty won't necessarily be the best penalty for a specific player to take.

I'm not sure I'd fancy Pope to slam it into the bottom of an inside post at 10-10 in the world cup final...

I’d take pope under pressure to take the 10th over Pickford. 

I’ve seen the ‘team win’ photo mind.   I hope someone puts their arm around Bruno!  Poor lad looks gutted. 

if anything, him being gutted is the mark of him as a player and as a man.  It’s so obvious that he gives a shit - he looks like he’s thinking he’s let people down.  I take that as a complete positive - the man really cares. 

6 hours ago, 80 said:

I reckon there's roughly a perfect pen for a good penalty taker - smashing it in top corner where keeper can't get it whatever they do.

Then there's roughly a perfect pen for someone who doesn't normally take them - smash it down the middle. Safe - unlikely to miss target and unlikely to be saved as long as not too low that hits legs - keeper almost always dives. I'm sure I heard somewhere that statistically that's the safest pen.

Yeah, maybe he was trying too hard after the penalty miss, nothing seemed to quite work in an attacking sense and his touch and shielding wasn’t as sublime as always, who the fuck cares. He’s world class and we’re class

It was one of those games where you notice him more for his defensive actions, Man U away was similar. Both were against a very strong midfield, and today Chelsea’s mids barely had a touch for over an hour. You can’t ask for the sparkling attacking stuff as well in a game like this. He was great doing his job today, Kovacic and Jorginho never got going thanks to him

Agree with above, but also illustrative that we don't have a jorginho type who can recycle possession and defensive side, and Bruno is asked to do that when it is not quite his game. He is more than good enough for most premier league opponents but in games like this I think if we sign a new mid it would be someone to do all that dirty work for bruno and let bruno play further forward. 

He’s ridiculously good like. We can either sign a defensive mid to allow him to go forward, or a creator which would let him sit deeper and kill teams off. Pretty much Tiote and Cabaye in one player, he could play either role very well in this team