Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

5 hours ago, Miercoles said:

Ahhh yeah, wouldn't want anybody to get confused now would we?

What an absolutely 100% board certified wank operation they have there...

I mean it's hardly controversial or unreasonable. Set squad numbers have literally been a thing at every international tournament ever played.

Higher numbers are possible at club level only because it's feasible to have far more players. Although even in the PL you can't pick the very high numbers (50-99) unless you literally have that many youth players named with numbers.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Although even in the PL you can't pick the very high numbers (50-99) unless you literally have that many youth players named with numbers.

Ah is that actually a rule like? Was wondering that when I was watching the Napoli game last night. 

Yeah Serie A you can pick whatever you want up to 99.

PL you generally can't just pick the really high numbers. It has to be consecutive and closest to the nearest high number. Renato Sanches at Swansea tried to pick 85 and was told he couldnt - and there's quite a few other examples in the past. It's usually just youth players who then have the high squad numbers so you'll often only see those in league cup games and the likes. One of the few first team players with a high number I can think of is Alexander-Arnold who seems to have just retained his number since he broke through 

The minute he did that 10 yard run up. You feared the worst. When he did that stupid stutter, you knew he was missing. 

Never seems to generate much power. But he is always so accurate. Feel like a short run up would be ideal and just go post and in :lol: 

38 minutes ago, 54 said:

I love ya Bruno, but you're never taking a pen again, honestly the worst pen I think i've ever seen, was hilarious :lol: 

Wasn't hilarious.  If Nick Pope hadn't of saved us then you would be fuming.  It was a crap penalty so why don't you say so?  You aren't being disloyal to Bruno by saying "that was shit" you know.

Hate that stutter run up, still haven't forgiven that dickhead Rashford for trying it in the Euro final. 

His energy and desire to inject some creativity and urgency into the side as sub was so refreshing though. A proper player despite the pen.

3 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Lol that pen

It WASN'T funny in the least.  Why are people saying it was hilarious?  It was shite.  He tried to take the piss and failed miserably.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

It WASN'T funny in the least.  Why are people saying it was hilarious?  It was shite.  He tried to take the piss and failed miserably.

Seeing people try to do something clever and making a tit of themselves is funny, to most people.

It makes absolutely no footballing sense to do a stutter run up: you have no momentum, you’ve already used up more energy than you need to, it gives you extra time to think, you probably can’t time how you come onto the ball well so its difficult to gauge quite how much power you need to generate. Needs fucking outlawing before it happens again at NUFC. I think players do it thinking it’s going to lessen their nerves as they can slow down and speed up when they want to and feel more in control but it does the absolute opposite 

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Seeing people try to do something clever and making a tit of themselves is funny, to most people.

Not when they are representing Newcastle in a cup game.  We could of been eliminated from the competition because of his showboating.  You are only saying this because we went through to the next round due to Nick Pope.  If we were beaten tonight then this thread would be volatile, I can guarantee it.