Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

I think he has a good game though. Obviously Villa was targeting him and treat him as our most dangerous player (rightly so) and you can’t do much under such circumstances. Bruno still able to make the team running - that’s already an 8 for me.

13 minutes ago, Zero said:

I think he has a good game though. Obviously Villa was targeting him and treat him as our most dangerous player (rightly so) and you can’t do much under such circumstances. Bruno still able to make the team running - that’s already an 8 for me.

I thought he was good and apart from I think once getting caught in possession and one poor ball, was orchestrating the play as usual. Maybe didn't play as many crossfield balls as usual, but I thought he was still the main link man as usual. 

Edited by et tu brute

His ball to Trippier was absolutely class. He tries to control it in his chest but didn’t quite manage to. Same with the pass to Miggy. Brilliant over the top of their defenders. Perfectly weighted and with a slightly snooker backspin dropping into a very small space. 

I don't have an issue with the transfer rumours really. Vieira was linked with a move away from Arsenal every summer for about 10 years while they were the 2nd biggest club in the country. As long as Bruno and Howe are chilled about it, so am I. 

Bruno has been a huge part of our resurgence as a club and it looks so fun to be a Newcastle player at the moment. Way more fun than it would be being part of the machine at Man City or Chelsea. 

50 minutes ago, Ikon said:

His ball to Trippier was absolutely class. He tries to control it in his chest but didn’t quite manage to. Same with the pass to Miggy. Brilliant over the top of their defenders. Perfectly weighted and with a slightly snooker backspin dropping into a very small space. 

Lovely through ball for Longstaff and awesome pass for Murphy as well. We're so spoiled with him, man.

He's set a ridiculously high bar and rarely has a bad game.  I think he was a bit below par for him.  Yet he still played well and we won 4-0.  Bot bad when your best player can have an 'off' day and we can dominate like that. 

It's interesting to watch opponents now laser-focused on limiting the supply to him. Buendía was glued to his hip for the majority of the match, and he often had to deal with two or three players as soon as he touched the ball. But that attention has opened up space and opportunities for Almirón and Trippier on the right - and even the likes of Murphy too. His presence is so important, he just commands attention, and even under duress he's able to advance the ball or make the right pass. And if he gets space, he will always pick a dangerous pass - or strike. Honestly the best overall player we've had in decades, and he's got a chance if he stays long enough to be the best ever.

On 30/10/2022 at 06:12, Tisd09 said:

The importance of having such a good player in our team. He quite rightly gets extra attention from the opposition which frees up some other players. Imagine when we get Maxi back up to full flow.

It's going to be a real shit show for teams that try to mark Bruno, Miggy and Maxi out of the game. 

Especially if Isak is playing [emoji38]

Edited by Miercoles

16 minutes ago, Memphis said:

It's interesting to watch opponents now laser-focused on limiting the supply to him. Buendía was glued to his hip for the majority of the match, and he often had to deal with two or three players as soon as he touched the ball. But that attention has opened up space and opportunities for Almirón and Trippier on the right - and even the likes of Murphy too. His presence is so important, he just commands attention, and even under duress he's able to advance the ball or make the right pass. And if he gets space, he will always pick a dangerous pass - or strike. Honestly the best overall player we've had in decades, and he's got a chance if he stays long enough to be the best ever.

gonna be Interesting to see what happens when Maxi is in the team

2 hours ago, Memphis said:

He also can dribble his way out of trouble. Fun player to watch for sure.

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

34 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

It’s total nonsense mate 😂😂 It’s amusing if anything 

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

I’ve always thought this. Miggy is on fire, Bruno absolutely dictates close marking and if you add ASM on the other side that’s serious issues for a defence in terms of marking. You can’t be doubling up on individuals.