Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

I agree with you Prophet but I think people have a go at him because he is like our kdb a difference maker someone that can make something happen. And when he's just good he cannot influence the game so fans get on his back. 

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

I agree with you Prophet but I think people have a go at him because he is like our kdb a difference maker someone that can make something happen. And when he's just good he cannot influence the game so fans get on his back. 

This, he's held to a higher standard because he is a higher standard. He's not the worst on the pitch by far but he's our engine.

1 hour ago, Shearerlegend said:

He was word class first 6 months and since then average, i think our best midfielder is actually wilock, so under rated

Howay man, think before you type. That's just utter nonsense. :lol:

28 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

you are right, forgot he joined in january, he was amazing until the middle of last season (until his son born). Since then something happened to him. He is still my favorite player, but i have a feeling EH choosing him now based on his name

Just now, Shearerlegend said:

you are right, forgot he joined in january, he was amazing until the middle of last season (until his son born). Since then something happened to him. He is still my favorite player, but i have a feeling EH choosing him now based on his name

Which one is you in your display pic?

He's been getting closed down far quicker already this season and towards the end of last season than when he first came here. Same happened with ASM. 

It seemed since Villa away he's just hounded out as soon as he gets the ball, he still finds space and plays delicious passes because he's fucking mint. We just need that balance between him and Tonali when one isn't allowed the space, the other has to roam a little more.

Really hope he gets a goal in the next few games.

5 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

He's been getting closed down far quicker already this season and towards the end of last season than when he first came here. Same happened with ASM. 

It seemed since Villa away he's just hounded out as soon as he gets the ball, he still finds space and plays delicious passes because he's fucking mint. We just need that balance between him and Tonali when one isn't allowed the space, the other has to roam a little more.

Really hope he gets a goal in the next few games.

I agree with you, but i dont think tonali and bruno misfield has the balance, they are both top players , but they are not quick, bruno is a bit careless in dangerous areas tbh, they both should play further up the pitch imp, we need wilock there.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

would any have taken £100m for him this summer, as long as it was early enough to get replacements in?

I would tbh and I really love him. 100m means we can spend like 400m (ffp wise because of book value spreading across contract length). Reminds me of tiote a bit, was unplayable in the first 18 months and then later wasnt as good

22 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Which one is you in your display pic?

Yeah i had the luck to meet all of them in the airport and then in the hotel, nufc even did special interview with me, all players were extremely nice, bar kluivert, he just joined and was shocked when all the fans went to shearer and left him alone :)

We've had a load of players which started on fire then never recaptured their early form. You got to know when to sell players, its a difficult balancing act which we've often got wrong.

Not saying we should have sold him, but the window just gone I reckon will have been his peak value, unless something really drastic happens with his form. I really do hope it was his contract situation which has been the downturn in form as signing a new deal should sort all that out and we get him back on it, even if that means seeing further temptation down the line. 

29 minutes ago, Shearerlegend said:

Yeah i had the luck to meet all of them in the airport and then in the hotel, nufc even did special interview with me, all players were extremely nice, bar kluivert, he just joined and was shocked when all the fans went to shearer and left him alone :)

Did you meet Tony Caig as well?

We're also forgetting he played a decent portion of the second half of last season with a persistent ankle issue. He still put in some belting performances during that time too. I guess it doesn't fit the narrative anymore.

Funny though isn't it? It's only taken three poor results and you already have a minority chatting about Howe being the right man for the job and selling Bruno for the right price. 

1 hour ago, NEEJ said:

I actually think that you need to think also before you type.  Because the response was honest and accurate.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Nah, you don't sell your best players, you build around them.

Seems some have already forgotten we couldn't win a game without him earlier this year.

I’ve said it on here before, but you sell any player of the price is right and you’ve identified replacements.  Every club on the planet sells players.  We’ll need to sell players for sizeable profits in order to play catch up.

A large portion of our support does think that the players we’re signing now will be here for many years.  I doubt that will be the case - most will be stepping stones.  But at least it is the players who are the stepping stones now, and not the club - the reverse was true under Ashley.

Every single one of our current players is replaceable, ultimately.  

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Nah, you don't sell your best players, you build around them.

Seems some have already forgotten we couldn't win a game without him earlier this year.

The latest article in the Athletic suggests our summer recruitment was driven by the biggest dropoff from the first 11. So Tonali for Bruno and Livramento for Trippier. Tonali can also likely play alongside Bruno, given more than four games' time to settle of course.

We've had a couple of bad results, the freak loss to Liverpool from that position and the error-strewn game at Brighton. Ten Hag lost 7-0 to Liverpool last year but still finished above them. Shit happens and you just have to move on.

1 hour ago, Flip said:

Immense today next to Casemiro. Only Bolivia obviously, but clearly how he should be used. Big Jo came on and didnt look half the player Bruno is.

Big Joe probably still isn’t full fit given how he’s looked for us. Glad Bruno played well though. Was casemiro just sitting deep?