Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

58 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

How is someone so technically good at football but technically so bad in other sports. E.g. baseball and now darts. You'd think some of the skills would be similar at least. 

Cameraman needs a pay rise! I also found it hilarious how competitive Bruno is at everything and hates losing! ? 

1 hour ago, STM said:

That running race between him and Longstaff, Longy is getting unfair stick.

Longstaff started 10 yards behind him and nearly got past him.

I reckon Bruno is in the bottom 3 for the 100m sprint out of the entire squad. Probably only Gillespie and Karius slower than him.

Like you said Longstaff caught up to him and overtook him in the space of 40/50M.

It’s like he knows he can’t be aggressive as he will get a yellow and we have no other midfielders. Or he’s injured. But either way been anonymous that half 

If he doesn't play the deeper role of the midfielders the others don't fill in for him. He's probably our most creative player so having him a bit further up makes a lot sense but ffs, Longstaff should have the wherewithal to drop in or at least cover a wee bit. Miley I can forgive.

Better 2nd half but his passing was off most the game and then looked like he picked up a injury towards end? Was thinking if it's bad he needs to try and pick up his yellow. Our midfield is awful unless he's on form.

But out of possession the entire defence and midfield looks like they are running isn mud. Severe lack of athleticism in our squad apart from the forwards. 

12 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Should've also assisted the winner if Murphy had better finishing.

Was a tricky finish I think. If any contact had been made when it flew across the goal then a miss would have been mad but once it goes past it’s not easy to keep it down given the pace it comes in at. I’d expect Wilson, Isak or Trippier to put that away but most other people in the squad I think would struggle to keep that down

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Was a tricky finish I think. If any contact had been made when it flew across the goal then a miss would have been mad but once it goes past it’s not easy to keep it down given the pace it comes in at. I’d expect Wilson, Isak or Trippier to put that away but most other people in the squad I think would struggle to keep that down

Come off it, that’s a gilt edge chance for any premier league quality player. I love Murphy but he’s had 2 tap ins at the back post in a week and fluffed them both. Got lucky with the Villa one. 

15 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Should've also assisted the winner if Murphy had better finishing.

Moment of the match for me from Bruno - the bit of skill he did to get into the box and then quality of the cross.  It was a shame it didn't result in a goal as it deserved one.

That cross he played late on was properly in the cliched corridor of uncertainty. More annoying than Murphy’s miss. Was that nobody attacked that area and got on the end of it before. Mental that it’s gone all the way across the face like that and nobody got close to scoring. 

Edited by Lush Vlad