Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

What’s the average birth rate for footballer’s wives at the top level? Must be really high surely as these houses only make sense if you’ve got a geet massive family 

He’s irreplaceable as a player, he is irreplaceable as a character most of all. We love him me and you. Don’t think I’ve liked a player as much since HBA. His personality just takes it to the next level. 

Edited by Ikon

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Realising that's a massively smaller percentage of his pay than mine is to my mortgage :anguish:

What kind of fan are you not donating the rest of of your pay to help bruno afford it too

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Hope he has a weapon for the pistol range, especially now you have alerted the Croatian burglars. 

He has. Its called 'Big Joe'.

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

He currently rents the one in front, so would make sense…

Gordon just bought one for £3m on Moor Lane as well. 

Just released that I did work on both of them.

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

He currently rents the one in front, so would make sense…

He does, Edward’s has put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Realising that's a massively smaller percentage of his pay than mine is to my mortgage :anguish:

Its about 15% of his weekly wage - same amount a week I spend on beer!! ;D 

Don’t like that

When Guimaraes signed his new five-year contract at St James’ Park, a release clause was included, which is quite rare for Newcastle. But 90min understands there is also a verbal agreement in place that Guimaraes will be allowed to talk to Champions League clubs, and that offers below his release clause will be engaged with providing they exceed £80m.

12 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Don’t like that

Paying much attention to this kind of chat gives no benefit whatsoever. The club probably has made a gentlemen's agreement with Bruno, because we're (apparently) run by gentlemen and Bruno's a gentleman. He probably doesn't want to feel trapped here and is more likely to want to voluntarily stay if we don't set ourselves up to look like a prison which would hang his career out to dry even if we're finishing bottom half. All the same it doesn't mean any particular outcome is inevitable.

On a separate note - and I hope this warning never ends up being necessary - people would be wise to remember our club has a rich history of anonymously trashing a player's character when it wants to sell them but doesn't want to be held responsible by the fans for their departure. "Greedy cunts" etc. Don't let yourselves be taken for mugs, think about who benefits from stories.

5 minutes ago, 80 said:

Paying much attention to this kind of chat gives no benefit whatsoever. The club probably has made a gentlemen's agreement with Bruno, because we're (apparently) run by gentlemen and Bruno's a gentleman. He probably doesn't want to feel trapped here and is more likely to want to voluntarily stay if we don't set ourselves up to look like a prison which would hang his career out to dry even if we're finishing bottom half. All the same it doesn't mean any particular outcome is inevitable.

On a separate note - and I hope this warning never ends up being necessary - people would be wise to remember our club has a rich history of anonymously trashing a player's character when it wants to sell them but doesn't want to be held responsible by the fans for their departure. "Greedy cunts" etc. Don't let yourselves be taken for mugs, think about who benefits from stories.

This club, but not this regime (so far).

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

This club, but not this regime (so far).

Yeah totally, and I'm optimistic. Just, we've not really seen them in that kind of dilemma yet. Most of the original talk was about how the club needs to sell to finance other signings, so it's just interesting how lately the conversation has moved on to release clauses and 'can we keep him happy here?'.

Like I said, hopefully what I was saying ends up being totally irrelevant, but it's always worth keeping in mind.

Just now, 80 said:

Yeah totally, and I'm optimistic. Just, we've not really seen them in that kind of dilemma yet. Most of the original talk was about how the club needs to sell to finance other signings, so it's just interesting how lately the conversation has moved on to release clauses and 'can we keep him happy here?'.

Like I said, hopefully what I was saying ends up being totally irrelevant, but it's always worth keeping in mind.

Well they've never been one to sell their major assets in any venture. Also this club bluffs a lot these days, so saying we need to sell to buy could just be a negotiating tactic.