Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

23 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Surprised Eddie (cards close to my chest) has come out and confirmed details on the contract clause? He’s off then or they’re touting him for sale? Gutted if he goes. Money reinvested I’ll move on. I love the guy and all he brings, but would be excited to see us add to the squad without needing just wiggle room if he does indeed go this summer! Time will tell soon enough.

That's what surprised me. Suggests to me that Bruno has told him he want to talk to other clubs.

Edited by Turnbull2000

Just now, Turnbull2000 said:

That's what surprised me. Suggests to me that Bruno has told him he want to talk to other clubs.

Still don’t get why he didn’t just plead ignorance as he does re the politics. You know my focus is the football and the team, not the fine contract details of my players. That’s somebody else’s job.

No point Howe denying it, presumably his agent's leaked it. Let's face it, if a big team comes in he's off. I'd guess Man City most likely, then PSG. Real have loads of young CMs already and Barca are a bit skint, though he does feel like a Barca player. Could see Arsenal or Liverpool going too if they have the funds. Sounds like MAn U are skint but they might try and free up funds just to spite us :lol:

I'd be gutted it it was Man C, but at the end of the day, no matter how much he likes it at Newcastle, Bruno, do you want to more than double your money while winning trophies playing in world class facilites for the defining manager of his generation next to De Bruyne, Foden and Rodri? Or would you rather chase Europa League for a few years playing next to Longstaff, Willock and Murphy?

Still, if he goes, we'll have had 2 and a half years of great performances and made a profit at the end.

I'd be absolutely gutted if he goes but he's 27 this year and should be playing for a team challenging for league / champions league trophies. 

Pep seems to love him, sadly.

Hopefully he gives us one more season after his big mate signed a new deal, Tonali back, a few big summer signings and nowhere near the injuries we have this season for next season and we push right on!

If not, I'll hold zero grudges at all - he's been absolutely superb on and off the pitch and a joy to have as our player!

Edited by Paully

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

I'd be absolutely gutted if he goes but he's 27 this year and should be playing for a team challenging for league / champions league trophies. 

Pep seems to love him, sadly.

Hopefully he gives us one more season after his big mate signed a new deal, Tonali back, a few big summer signings and nowhere near the injuries we have next season and we push right on!

If not, I'll hold zero grudges at all - he's been absolutely superb on and off the pitch and a joy to have as our player!

This! 

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Surprised Eddie (cards close to my chest) has come out and confirmed details on the contract clause? He’s off then or they’re touting him for sale? Gutted if he goes. Money reinvested I’ll move on. I love the guy and all he brings, but would be excited to see us add to the squad without needing just wiggle room if he does indeed go this summer! Time will tell soon enough.

It's his agent who has briefed the release clause, and they are looking for the move. His agent will take a cut, and Bruno will earn more. We are still not at the level of the top clubs to be able to keep this type of players. I just hope he doesn't end up at United, that would be a hammer blow. 

If we want to be good sellers then he goes this summer imo. I believe now is when we'll get maximum funds for him because of his age and also because I don't know how much more he can take before he starts to burn out a bit. Not with this amount of responsibility. 

That's a bit of a depressing take I know, but I don't even think it's really a modern football/PSR thing. Football clubs that operate well sell their players on their terms and for big fees - that has been the case for decades now and there's basically two or three teams for whom that is an exception, if at all. 

Personally I believe that we can absorb the loss moreso than we could someone like Isak.

Just now, vidooq said:

It's his agent who has briefed the release clause, and they are looking for the move. His agent will take a cut, and Bruno will earn more. We are still not at the level of the top clubs to be able to keep this type of players. I just hope he doesn't end up at United, that would be a hammer blow. 

City in the PL if anybody. Red shirts I’d be gutted. Gutted either way but more so! 

59 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Well at least this means the handwringing over him leaving will end on 30th June. Right lads? Yeah?

it’ll get even worse after the 30th because people will be able to start talking about how much they’d sell him for as well :lol:

1 minute ago, Smal said:

it’ll get even worse after the 30th because people will be able to start talking about how much they’d sell him for as well :lol:

It’ll be wrapped up by then if it happens! 

Just now, r0cafella said:

City don’t usually do transfer sagas so if they are in for him it should be swift. 

Like tearing off the plaster. Money in quickly then we can grieve and comfort spend at the same time! 

If someone comes in with the 100m then it'll be done before June 30th, after we're tacking on another 15-30m+ surely and itl'll only serve to help us build on. I'm not even bothered about it anymore. 

Honestly believe he's the best midfielder to ever play for us. I just hope he doesn't go to City as wherever he goes I want him to win.

I really don’t want him to leave, but if it was a toss up between Isak or him, we could replace Bruno (to an extent) .. there ain’t many Isak’s around for less than 100m 

It’s initially difficult to envisage who could readily pay the £100m, but if City could sell both Phillips and Nunes, that’s a decent chunk of the fee already paid for.

There’s persistent talk of De Bruyne to Saudi as well, so they could potentially be in a really strong position to actually buy both Paqueta and Bruno if they wanted to,

3 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

It’s initially difficult to envisage who could readily pay the £100m, but if City could sell both Phillips and Nunes, that’s a decent chunk of the fee already paid for.

There’s persistent talk of De Bruyne to Saudi as well, so they could potentially be in a really strong position to actually buy both Paqueta and Bruno if they wanted to,

City don’t need to do anything to create headroom to buy him. They make so much money. 

He's one of our best ever players. Easily best ever midfielder by a mile. Nobody has controlled and dictted how we play quite like him. 

The day he leaves, retire the no.39 shirt. Aye, I'm going over the top here mind but it's an iconic number for an iconic player. Don't even know who wore it before him, don't ever give it to any daft wannabe after him.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

The day he leaves, retire the no.39 shirt. Aye, I'm going over the top here mind but it's an iconic number for an iconic player. Don't even know who wore it before him, don't ever give it to any daft wannabe after him.

No39. There can be only one!