Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

6 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Can just tell by the way he runs onto the pitch the man isn’t even remotely phased at all. Brazilian goat 

I'm not sure how clear it was on the telly, but he stood on the sidelines with Miggy and Manquillo just staring at the Everton half/the Gallowgate for ages before he came on. It looked like he was asking to be brought on a few times too. He was raring to go. 

It's gonna be fun watching him from the off! 

8 hours ago, cubaricho said:

I think Willock and Wood were both standing wide-open in the 18-yard-box too. :lol: But can't totally begrudge ASM to be fair, he was flying tonight and fancied himself a goal.

Yeah that's fair, ASM was brilliant and Pickford JUST saved that with his heel.

21 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Nah he starts on Sunday.

Can't see it personally, Howe said post match the reason he didn't start all the new signings was because he likes to reward players for good performances.

I know Shelvey wasn't that great last night but in Howe's eyes I can't see him getting dropped after a win like that but I hope I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

Can't see it personally, Howe said post match the reason he didn't start all the new signings was because he likes to reward players for good performances.

I know Shelvey wasn't that great last night but in Howe's eyes I can't see him getting dropped after a win like that but I hope I'm wrong.

I think he will drop Wilock.

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Played well 2nd half I thought. Probably be unchanged team except for Targett. 

Aye he did but there has to be occasions when you drop some one who's had a good game because a better players on the bench. If prime shola had a good game he doesn't start the next game ahead of Shearer does he.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Aye he did but there has to be occasions when you drop some one who's had a good game because a better players on the bench. If prime shola had a good game he doesn't start the next game ahead of Shearer does he.

Willock had a good game vs. Leeds and started ahead of Guimarães last night. Worked out just fine. 

37 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

I'm not sure how clear it was on the telly, but he stood on the sidelines with Miggy and Manquillo just staring at the Everton half/the Gallowgate for ages before he came on. It looked like he was asking to be brought on a few times too. He was raring to go. 

It's gonna be fun watching him from the off! 

Aye I noticed that on TV, he was desperate to get on for ages

It's a real conundrum trying to figure out where to put him. We've all become accustomed to Joe's strengths following his revival, meanwhile Willock is improving and presses really well and - in theory - is one of our best chances of a goal in a team that doesn't score much.

Of the three, Shelvey is the weakest performer but I feel like he's the only one in the squad who really plays that quarter-back role. If last night is anything to go by, you'd only be getting 75% out of Bruno by putting him there. 

Despite his contributions I am dying to see Shelvey upgraded upon, but I don't think Bruno is that upgrade. 

Really dunno, but it looks like the added competition is already making a difference to the existing centre-backs and centre-mids, and both Bruno and Burn are going to have to fight for their places. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

It's a real conundrum trying to figure out where to put him. We've all become accustomed to Joe's strengths following his revival, meanwhile Willock is improving and presses really well and - in theory - is one of our best chances of a goal in a team that doesn't score much.

Of the three, Shelvey is the weakest performer but I feel like he's the only one in the squad who really plays that quarter-back role. If last night is anything to go by, you'd only be getting 75% out of Bruno by putting him there. 

Despite his contributions I am dying to see Shelvey upgraded upon, but I don't think Bruno is that upgrade. 

Really dunno, but it looks like the added competition is already making a difference to the existing centre-backs and centre-mids, and both Bruno and Burn are going to have to fight for their places. 

He's such a complete player. Might as well be playing as Deco did or more of a deeper role in a pivot. Or as a complete #8 (box to box).

Am I the only one who thought he doesn't look quite ready? In possession he looked fantastic, but out of possession he looked like he wasn't sure where to be. I think until he's had a few training sessions with the rest of the team and understand s positionally where he fits in I reckon he'll just be introduced to games with cameos.

9 minutes ago, Davey_C_73 said:

Am I the only one who thought he doesn't look quite ready? In possession he looked fantastic, but out of possession he looked like he wasn't sure where to be. I think until he's had a few training sessions with the rest of the team and understand s positionally where he fits in I reckon he'll just be introduced to games with cameos.

Yep I think you might be, he ratted around the middle, got challenges in, moved the ball quickly, looked like he thrived in that atmosphere.

In 6 minutes