Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just the runs I’ve seen him do. Not a big deal, just doesn’t look massively athletic or explosive. 

It’s not really worth discussing TBH, it was just a thought. 

Pirlo, and Xavi werent that athletic either, just saying.

He's an "orchestrator" type of player, think the like's of the two above, Kroos, even Modric now that he's older, he'll make the runs, but he will not be that pacey, nor will be running that much with the ball, his game is more focused on making the ball run, finding that last pass before the assist, inverting the play, that's where he shines.

Another thing, even tho he's not that pacey, you can't deny his positional awareness, look at both runs he made while ASM was with the ball last game and one in this too, he was free to score in both but ASM chose to shoot. 

Today he gave ASM the option for a pass 2 or 3 times in the same play before ASM decided to shoot

2 minutes ago, JNK said:

Another thing, even tho he's not that pacey, you can't deny his positional awareness, look at both runs he made while ASM was with the ball last game and one in this too, he was free to score in both but ASM chose to shoot. 

Today he gave ASM the option for a pass 2 or 3 times in the same play before ASM decided to shoot

ASM does that 99% of the time to be honest.

18 minutes ago, JNK said:

Pirlo, and Xavi werent that athletic either, just saying.

He's an "orchestrator" type of player, think the like's of the two above, Kroos, even Modric now that he's older, he'll make the runs, but he will not be that pacey, nor will be running that much with the ball, his game is more focused on making the ball run, finding that last pass before the assist, inverting the play, that's where he shines.

Totally agree, I never said it was a negative. Someone just raised the issue and I kind of agreed. 

22 minutes ago, DMLeazesender said:

It's not uncommon for teams to gently introduce their big money signings in with late brief substitute appearances.

It's the same situation with Jermaine Defoe at Sunderland :2funny:

That's not true Defoe does start just by the time he's got from the dressing room to the pitch, it's the 80th minute

The very fact he’s on the bench is making our other midfield 3 raise their game. He’s had that galvanising affect too. Competition for your place from a top rated Brazilian will certainly bring more focus to your efforts!

11 minutes ago, STM said:

I just think that now is the time. We will be missing Trippier, we need a calming influence on the pitch.

Howe just needs to be smart about who he drops and how he goes about it.

I'm not sure when the time is right but there'll be a time by which he'll have to start him otherwise he's going to piss him off.
I understand that if the current midfield are playing well then it'd be harsh to drop any of them but equally, from a man management perspective, I don't think you can leave Bruno out for too long.
As someone said earlier I think, maybe an away game is a better environment as it is without the pressure of the home crowd expectancy.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Totally agree, I never said it was a negative. Someone just raised the issue and I kind of agreed. 

I agree he doesn’t look fast… but we’re comparing him to Ramsey and Bailey (and others) who are basically athletes first, and football players second. Put Bruno in against a Man City or Liverpool technical midfield and you’d probably notice it less. 

Given his pedigree you’d have to think it won’t be an issue. 

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Shelvey gets dropped, there’s a reason Trippier took Lacelles Captaincy instead of him to start the game.

I don't think so. Shelvey played well again. Tripps was the obvious selection to me at least. I guess we'll see.