Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

10 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

If Paqueta posts about today are we all going to lose our minds or would it be a normal thing to do 

We're going to send him photoshopped images of him at SJP and Newcastle landmarks until he signs. And it would be a totally normal thing to do. 

42 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

What on earth were arsenal doing stalling on this guy

His only weakness is he's not the most athletic, I wonder if that is what made them stall on it? But when you can play football like that, it would be pretty dumb to miss out on everything else he brings to the table because he can't run a bit faster.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

His only weakness is he's not the most athletic, I wonder if that is what made them stall on it? But when you can play football like that, it would be pretty dumb to miss out on everything else he brings to the table because he can't run a bit faster.

Had no issues with athleticism getting into the box at the end mind.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not the most athletic? Mad post

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

“He reverts to English. "Today, the problem is only the language. But I practice every day and in six months I will speak English fluent, I hope so." There is more laughter as Matt, the interpreter, jokingly opposes that prospect. "I've always liked learning languages," continues Bruno, back in his native tongue. "I speak Portuguese, Spanish, French and now I'm learning English. It's come quite easily to me, but I've found English the most difficult as it's quite different, but I'm having lessons every day. I think in six months' time I'll be communicating much better, but I already understand a lot."

he’s some sort of language savant 

Portuguese, Spanish and french (most of the romance languages) have a level of mutual intelligibility and follow similar rules. English takes these rule and runs roughshod over them. His level of English is already great to be fair.

It’s a weird thing to level against him. Sure, he’s not got the pace of a Luis Diaz but it’s not like we’ve got Charlie Adam. His athleticism is absolutely fine, especially given he’s technically absolutely class and he reads the game incredibly well