Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

7 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Not really looking at what you've linked me to. Give me sport, planet football and the fucking sun. :facepalm:

Ok then, give me links to sites that say his wage is lower or on par with Bruno. I won't hold my breath. The days of top class players being happy with c. £100k a week are long gone.

2 hours ago, 54 said:

I think the "old Newcastle" is gone, and has nothing to do with why we didn't beat 10 man Liverpool, but nothing would be more old Newcastle than selling Bruno for less than Caicedo went for to a club below us in the table.

Hi everyone, some of you may not know this, but I am a very talented youtuber and know more about football than anyone else on this planet, certainly this forum. I don't like to brag though. 

Guessing his uncertain future is why he's off the pace, too busy looking at moves to Liverpool and then settling with a bigger contract here. Not arse if he plays his way into a £100m+ move, right now though, you'd be daft to spend that. Looks a shadow of the player we signed.

Howeh. He was unbelievable from January 2022-January 2023. Since the injury he picked up against Fulham (H) he's been not as good. Have full faith he'll reach those heights again, you don't lose that over night.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Bruno at his very best is an absolute joy to watch. Unfortunately his best had been sporadic of late.

Even when he's not at his peak though, he's still very good and absolutely key to everything we do. He's the only player who regularly drops into pockets of space to give the defence a passing option. He'll then drive us up the pitch. It isn't a coincidence we struggle when he isn't playing.

Opposition coaches have clocked this and regularly have a plan to man-mark him or cut off his passing lanes. There have been times this season when he's turned with the ball and had absolutely nothing on, so he'll get caught on the ball or have a risky pass intercepted. Even then, he's still our most comfortable player on the ball and rarely puts a foot wrong.

So while Bruno's level may have dropped from "incredible" to "good". The online scapegoating of him is very strange.

Against City and Liverpool he was one of the only players trying to move us up the pitch. He made a poor error attempting a risky pass in the latter, but up until then he'd been decent. Similarly the whole team were pretty awful v Brighton, even then there were far worse players on the pitch.

Yet every game he's been singled out. Groans when he misplaces a pass, suggestions he should be dropped and his importance has clearly diminished in the eyes of some fans. The criticism is completely disproportionate to his actual performance levels.

Edited by The Prophet