Bruno Guimarães: £100M release clause has expired (Various)

Fantail Breeze

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That cross for Trippier v Luton was ridiculous wasn't it? :lol:

aye, as was his 1st goal against Forest. Lush.

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Ashworth implied that only certain clubs or clubs in certain counties could activate the clause, but he was talking in hypotheticals and it was never confirmed.

Even if it was was there's only about 6 non Saudi teams at best that could chuck that money down anyway so it's not that big a deal really. 

8 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That cross for Trippier v Luton was ridiculous wasn't it? :lol:

His crossing is underrated as he has so many other qualities that he brings to the team. 

19 minutes ago, CPL said:

His crossing is underrated as he has so many other qualities that he brings to the team. 

Not forgetting his marketability as we’re growing. Such a charismatic heart on sleeve crazy, lovable fucker. 

4 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Not forgetting his marketability as we’re growing. Such a charismatic heart on sleeve crazy, lovable fucker. 

I think people underestimate that. He's box office.

All this talk of his £100m release clause being triggered by Arsenal or Man City, I was led to understand that it would only be triggered if either Real Madrid or Barca came in for him!!

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

https://sportsview.co.uk/2024/05/liverpool-plot-move-for-newcastle-united-midfielder-bruno-guimaraes

"He has a £100 million release clause which will be effective from June, but AS reports that the Brazilian could be signed at a reduced price, around £68m."

:spit:

Newcastle are in “crisis” at the moment after missing out on European football last season. The Magpies need a “big sale” to solve their financial problems, and Guimaraes could be sacrificed. Alexander Isak is also attracting interest from other heavyweight clubs.

station19-maya-bishop.gif

Newcastle are in “crisis” at the moment after missing out on European football last season. The Magpies need a “big sale” to solve their financial problems

This doesn't make any sense.

For a start, it's next season we've missed out on Europe so the shortfall would have to be made up within next seasons accounts, starting in July.

Secondly, the maximum you're going to earn from the Conference League is something like £15m or so. We've got back about half of that next season already from not having Richie, Dummett and Hendrick on the wage bill. How that equates to needing a "big sale" is beyond me.

8 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

This doesn't make any sense.

For a start, it's next season we've missed out on Europe so the shortfall would have to be made up within next seasons accounts, starting in July.

Secondly, the maximum you're going to earn from the Conference League is something like £15m or so. We've got back about half of that next season already from not having Richie, Dummett and Hendrick on the wage bill. How that equates to needing a "big sale" is beyond me.

My understanding is that the 15m we would get from Europe could allow us to sign a player for 75m transfer fees over a 5 year contract. It should be significant. 

1 minute ago, Solitude20 said:

My understanding is that the 15m we would get from Europe could allow us to sign a player for 75m transfer fees over a 5 year contract. It should be significant. 

Well, only if you also had the £15m income for the subsequent four seasons as well :lol: 

1 minute ago, NSG said:

Well, only if you also had the £15m income for the subsequent four seasons as well :lol: 

That settles it then, we should get to Europe every season then :D

11 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Yes but the article is suggesting that we're in such a hole that we'll have to flog Bruno and/or Isak on the cheap. It's not about buying more players.

11 minutes ago, NSG said:

And also if that £75m player is graciously playing for free.